Review by Ms Gencel -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival un...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ms Gencel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ms-gencel.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Review by Ms Gencel -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival un...

Post by Ms Gencel »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is a fantasy fiction novel about a kingdom where ordinary humans and different kinds of mages coexist. Prosperity is all around the kingdom, but in this nearly perfect kingdom: tension is slowly rising, and darkness lingers.

The story starts with Galen Bray's journey to Voulhire. He came from the Lands of Princes; there, war is constant, so when an opportunity of getting out of there came and a chance of starting a new life, he took it. From there, the author introduces the different cities of Voulhire. People living in each city is different from the other, from their culture to their outlooks. Different characters, and their point of view, were also inserted in the story. While Galen is starting his new life and figuring how to repay his new home with the help of his executor, Rowan, darkness is slowly looming over the kingdom.

I was amazed by how the author wrote the story; it was well written and surprisingly enjoyable. From the first chapter to the end, I was really hooked. Each scene is vivid and unusual. I say unusual because most scenes are unique compared to the books that I had read and movies that I watched; even the fighting scenes were unusual. I also can't help but fall in love with all of the characters. Each character has its own personality and importance in the story. I can't help but praise the author every time I finished a chapter.

I love all of its chapters, but my favorite part is knowing this kingdom of Voulhire. I felt like I am exploring a new place by reading this book. The author did a great job of writing this meticulously. My only disappointment in this book is it's just the fragment of the story. The end will surely leave you hanging and would want to read more.

Given the points that I wrote above, I had decided to give We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies a 4 out of 4 stars. Even though I feel the story is incomplete, I still highly enjoyed reading this book, and I would like to read the rest of the series. The book appeared to be professionally edited, as I found no errors. I recommend this book to anyone, from teenagers to adults, especially those who love fantasy fiction.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”