Review by revbooking7100 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arriv...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
revbooking7100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revbooking7100.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Review by revbooking7100 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arriv...

Post by revbooking7100 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire A New Arrival under Great Skies

By Matthew Tysz

This is a wonderful book! I appreciate that this book, in particular, has no table of content. Being the first of the series, the book started by telling the stories of the main characters.

The story begins with the leading character, Galen, boarding a ship leaving the war-stricken kingdom known as Land of Princes. Galen is a poor young man barely living for whatever he could find to survive. His luck came one day when his dying uncle seeks assistance that he be found and made him an inheritor of his estate. His uncle lives in another kingdom across the seas, the kingdom of Voulhire.

The Kingdom of Voulhire is peaceful and flourishing when Galen arrived. But Riva Rohani, the kingdom’s most wanted enemy had started to emerge once again. Also, the people practicing magic were resurrected too, causing added trouble in the kingdom. Galen is barely starting to enjoy his newfound place away from the maddening war-stricken Land of the Princes, but chaos started to appear. The Riva Rohani had found the best time and best place to launch their first attack after hibernating, and it is in the southern city of Hillport closes to where Galen is.

The story is fiction and the setting was centuries ago. But the story is very much a reflection of our modern-day living. I enjoy it really when modern words, such as metrosexual, terrorism, and gym were used in the story. The vibes it gives me are that of a modern lifestyle in the pre-industrialized period. Also, in passing, phrases indicative of being gay can be found in some lines which I found very amusing, if not interesting. There are also these telemages that work like telepathy but were used here the same as a wireless phone. This one, in particular, caught my attention. It does give me the vibes of the modern-day era.

The book, We are Voulhire A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is a very enjoyable book. I will not be surprised if one day this series of books will become a movie, and I wish they were. After reading about the author, it gives me an idea of where he got the inspiration which arouses my interest. I become more eager to read the next series. I rate this book 4 out of 4. This book is very well edited in the review.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
victoriasimons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriasimons.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by victoriasimons »

I enjoyed reading your thoughts on the book - thank you for the review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”