Review by Vine001 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival unde...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vine Michael
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vine-michael.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Review by Vine001 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival unde...

Post by Vine Michael »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is an introduction to the rest of the We Are Voulhire series. In this book, the pace was set brilliantly for the rest of the series. The book circles around the life of Galen who boarded a ship leaving the Land Of The Princes to Voulhire. All he had with him was food that didn't last more than two days and truckloads of hope. Before this, he didn't believe in his wildest dreams that he would be able to leave the warring Land Of The Princes. The war started in the Land Of Princes when he was only eight years old. For over twenty years he suffered alone after losing his whole family to the war not knowing he had a great-uncle, Galen Onita, in Voulhire. On his uncle's dying bed he got an executor, Rowan, to find his great-nephew and bring him to Magnum Caelum.

Voulhire a land of dreams and magic was ruled by King Wilhelm Arcolo. Though successful, he had many enemies (some of whom he had been friends with). In Voulhire everything is not as you see it and a lot of things are brewing just below the surface, waiting to burst. What will happen in Voulhire and what role is Galen going to play?

Galen's side of the story was written in first person while the rest of the book was written in third person. This contrast will heighten a reader's enjoyment and understanding of the book. Although Galen is 28 years old, he came across as a child most time and this made him uniquely beautiful. He wore his heart on his sleeve with pure childlike innocence. I enjoyed Galen's perspective of the story most; it was more engaging. You could see through the pages that the author invested more time in Galen than in any other character.

The book was so descriptive that one would feel like you could stretch out your hand and touch the characters. I couldn't predict what would come; this left me at the edge of my seat. I especially liked the scene where the old man used dark magic to control everyone in the courtroom. There was a lot of political tension in Voulhire, and this would leave readers wondering how everything will play out. It is jam-packed with mystery and suspense and every chapter leaves you wanting more. By the end of the book, readers will be left with so many unanswered questions that they can't wait to get the next book.

In each chapter, the author brilliantly unveiled new characters and issues. Every new character added kept me guessing how it would affect the storyline of the series. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because I found no grammatical or punctuation error in the book. It was well written and edited. I also enjoyed the author's style of writing. I would recommend this book for all fantasy lovers and anyone ready for an adventure.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
The Holy Grail
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-holy-grail.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by The Holy Grail »

The most likable aspect to me was the mystery. I've enjoyed reading through your review.
Oreoluwa281
Currently Reading: David's Sling
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oreoluwa281.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by Oreoluwa281 »

Thank you for sharing this fantastic and honest review. I have read this book and, I enjoyed every detail of the book

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”