Review by jeminah28 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival un...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jeminah28
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading: The Billionaires’ Handbook
Bookshelf Size: 1273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeminah28.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Review by jeminah28 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival un...

Post by jeminah28 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Galen became his uncle's heir of the Onita Steel business was traveling to the Land of the Princes in Magnum Caelum, which was a part in the Voulhirian Kingdom under the Government of King Wilhelm. In the Hillport countryside above Magnum Caelum, Lord Eldus Alderman, a former judge, was appointed by the king in this economically declined place. If Galen was starting to learn the forge in Magnum Caelum, Lord Eldus would also investigate the anomaly of the previous management. One day, Lord Eldus was confused while receiving unusual stones from an unknown sender. Was it a sign of a bad omen? Abruptly, dancing soldiers were coming. Why? On the other hand, Galen and Rowan (his guide) noticed a mage on the mining site, while looking for "lactis" upon his request. They investigated as well as found rare stones. Were these similar to Lord Eldus's stones?

If you're looking for an enthralling science-fiction book, try to read the first book of this series written by Matthew Tysz, We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies. I will recommend this book to anyone who is fond of reading this genre, and anybody who likes political thrillers will also enjoy the cryptic political twists of the author's creative writing style, too. If ever a business person will read this tale, the author adds unusual negotiations, yet effective. However, this book isn't good for minor audiences because of sudden explicit scenes like killing numerous people. Science-fiction fanatics will basically appreciate the flow of the Voulhirian Empire.

One of Matthew's strengths in weaving this tale is the foundation of the plot. He laid out a strong character development, albeit it was a bit slow. Though the main protagonist isn't the center of attraction in this series, but the author makes a unique set up to maintain the humor in every scenario. The author is wittingly gifted when to add or end the supporting characters. However, I was a bit dismayed in the flow of the story because the action didn't start right away. I taught the first book was full of action-packed adventures right from the beginning, but it was a bit flat not when I read the last ten pages. The twists and turns are quite shocking.

In terms of like, firstly, the book is easy to follow that project professionally edited, and I don't notice any misspelled words. Secondly, it's hard to put down the lobster scenes, and I'm craving for them while continuing on flipping the pages. Thirdly, I'm quite amazed at the figurative meaning of the rock-paper-scissors game. Lastly, I enjoy reading while imagining of the dancing soldiers.

I will rate We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies 4 out of 4 stars. Honestly, the story is quite tedious at first, but it doesn't hinder me to go on. I'm wholly attached to the following theme: family-ties, business, friendship, loyalty, and servitude. Plus, the magics are thoroughly entertaining in solving crimes and treachery of the warriors versus the mages. There's a lot more to offer like logic and reason, leadership and governance, and peace over power.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”