Sweep series by Cate Tiernan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
arnaleigh
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arnaleigh.html
Latest Review: "Risking Exposure" by Jeanne Moran

Sweep series by Cate Tiernan

Post by arnaleigh »

I was just wondering if anyone had read the Sweep series?
I know they're not very well known especially not where I'm from because you can only purchase them online
but if you have read them whats your thoughts on the series?

I absolutely loved them!
Latest Review: "Risking Exposure" by Jeanne Moran
Dezire06
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dezire06.html

Post by Dezire06 »

I loved this series i have read it 4 or 5 times already
Pwyrdan
Favorite Author: Susanna Clarke
Favorite Book: Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
Currently Reading: The Fall of Arthur by J. R. R. Tolkien
fav_author_id: 15707

Post by Pwyrdan »

I got a few of the books at a library sale. The first one I read was Dark Magic, book 4.There is some truly horrible teen paranormal romance out there right now, but this wasn't bad. It wasn't hard to follow what had happened up to this point, and Morgan, while flawed, made me remember what it was like to be a teenager and make bad choices. The romance was predictable, and Hunter isn't fleshed out much, but there is so much going on in this world that the story really hooked me. Though not Wiccan myself, I did notice that this is a deft weaving of real practices and beliefs with total fantasy - which might be annoying to purists, but very fun if just taken as entertainment.
mforrester

Post by mforrester »

The Sweep Series by Cate Tiernan is #3 on my list of favorite series'. It has a way of making you not want to put it down, and you should probably get at least two of the books at a time, because you will want to move on as soon as you finish one of them.

There is a total of 15 books in the series. The chemistry between Cal and Morgan makes it relateable to readers. It's what many teens go through when they meet someone they like while in high school, and the magick discussed gives it a sense of suspense as to what would happen next.
MrsJ1031
Currently Reading: The Birthing House
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by MrsJ1031 »

I read this series, the first time, when I was 19yrs old. From the very page, of the first book, I was hooked. This was the first series of books I bought and paid for with my own money; and it was worth every scent. The way Cate Tiernan gets you attached to the characters and then brings you into the world of magick is just amazing. It made me want to become a witch myself, almost.
Mannie913
Currently Reading: Sweep Volume 3
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mannie913.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Mannie913 »

I'm currently reading these and I love it so far! It's got a decent love line but I like the information about wicca. I don't believe in it but it was still really interesting to read.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Kareatchison
Currently Reading: Pisces: Book 1 (The Zodiac Twin Flame Series)
Bookshelf Size: 43

Post by Kareatchison »

I read this series a while back but I remember it very well and actually have considered re-reading it but I have too many new books in line. Each book went really fast so I was glad I didn't start reading until the entire series was already in print. Waiting for the next book is not my strong suit. :wink2:

I highly recommend this series to any age group to be honest. I feel "young adult" really only means very little to no sexual content which isn't necessary anyways. The plot and characters are well written and the author kept my interest throughout. A lot of times in series that have a lot of books tend to get "washed out" after 5 or 6 books and I end up reading them out of personal OCD and not always for enjoyment. That didn't happen with Sweep. Great read.

Blessed Be.
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

I LOVED this series. It was called Wicca over in the UK. It did well to last 15 books, they were all worth it. Perfect books for older teens, they were only a couple hundred pages each.

I wish it had been a TV series too.
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
pentuppassion
Currently Reading: Crazy Rich Asians
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pentuppassion.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B01LW6TDWI

Post by pentuppassion »

I read this series more than 10 years ago but I still remember how hooked I was to every book. I’ve read it too many times to count. The author had a way of writing that kept me at the edge of my seat after reading, and I absolutely had to get to the next book in the series.

I agree that ‘Young Adult” may be a little narrow a genre for this one, but since there were mentions of violence and sexual themes, it’s probably safer this way.

I highly recommend this book, especially those interested in Wicca/witchcraft/magic - themed stories. This book series, I’d say, has it all: a compelling plot, well - developed characters and engaging writing style.

I’d give it a 4 out of 4 stars. Truly one of my favorites.
Cass37

Post by Cass37 »

I have just finished reading the whole series and bonus books and I loved them. I have the physical copy but I'm sure the online copies would be just as great.
joynob24365
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joynob24365.html
Latest Review: Weeping Goes Unheard by Lucia Mann

Post by joynob24365 »

I absolutely love this book series. It's the best series ever. The plot twists and revelations are just insane. We can also learn about Wicca. The author is not Wiccan but her knowledge on this religion is surprising. I read it over 5 times. :D
joynob24365
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joynob24365.html
Latest Review: Weeping Goes Unheard by Lucia Mann

Post by joynob24365 »

Spoiler alert!!!My favourite character is Hunter Niall. I couldn't believe that he was a good character after we the truth got revealed on the 4th book. I don't think I've seen a better couple than him and Morgan. The romance on this book and the development of their relationship is just chef kiss. I could continue to rave about this series for hours. :icon-lol:

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”