Review by HusainNecklace52 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arr...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
HusainNecklace52
Favorite Book: The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto
Currently Reading: A History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-husainnecklace52.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by HusainNecklace52 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arr...

Post by HusainNecklace52 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is a science fiction novel that introduces the readers to the magnificent world of Voulhire. If you enjoyed game of thrones and wheel of time series then you are sure to enjoy this one as well, as the themes and ideas of this book are similar to them. However, the author tries to add new twists into the plot and tries to make his story as unique as possible.

The story revolves around the character of Galen Bray – a man from the “land of the Princes” that has known nothing but war. He travels to the land of Magnum Caelum in order to claim the inheritance his uncle – Galen Onita – has left him. There he meets Rowan, his uncle’s executor, who helps him settle in and take control of the “Onita Steel Forge”. Rowan and Galen end up becoming friends in the process and Galen soon begins to feel at home. However, it is clear that he is still struggling to familiarize himself with the new environment. The story gets really interesting when the conflict between Midius Maido, the first knight of Voulhire, and King Wilhelm begins.

Matthew Tysz has done a great job with the construction of the story. It gives a lot of room for interpretation and the readers always find themselves at the edge of their seat in order to observe whether what they thought would happen was correct or not. This enhances the atmosphere of suspense which the book tries to create.

This novel is also a facsimile of some societal issues that we currently face, such as conflict between two opposing parties and the struggle for power. These themes are discussed in various other novels which is why this particular aspect of the book didn’t really surprise me. However, I can confidently say that the way Mathew Tysz portrays this conflict is slightly different. This helps in making the overall story more intriguing and allowing the readers to further immerse themselves into the world of Voulhire.

Another aspect that I really liked, and which in my opinion is quite unique considering the genre of this book, is the language that the author uses to describe the characters and the surroundings. The author uses simple words and short sentences in order to show the details and the intricacies of his world. This appealed to me a lot because it made the whole reading experience a lot less tiresome and more fun.

All in all, I give We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz a solid four out of four stars. I have no complaints with the book and I’m certain that all fantasy lovers will thoroughly enjoy this book. However, if you’re more into the genre of crime and mystery then it would do you good to steer away from this book as it doesn’t address those aspects. That being said, I would still urge you to give this book a try. Moreover, the book seems to be professionally edited as I could find no prominent grammatical errors or typos. Give this book a chance and you will be surprised by how much you enjoyed it!

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Fortune Cats Walking the Dog by Dave Hutchinson

Post by Sou Hi »

I agree, this book is short yet concise. Tysz's description of the lands is nice, and the characters' setting is great.
HusainNecklace52
Favorite Book: The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto
Currently Reading: A History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-husainnecklace52.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by HusainNecklace52 »

Yes exactly, I completely agree with that.
Thanks for commenting :)
NDeMeer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndemeer.html
Latest Review: Sormara The Evil Tome by Sandra L. Reel

Post by NDeMeer »

I really loved this story too, especially the world building. Tysz obviously is a talented writer! Thank you for this insightful review :)
Happy reading! :techie-studyingbrown:
Tonika632
Currently Reading: White Night
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonika632.html
Latest Review: Chemicals and Christians by Martha McLaughlin

Post by Tonika632 »

This book, but also series is original and unique. I loved it and I cannot wait to rest of it. Great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”