Review by adhambakry -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival u...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
adhambakry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adhambakry.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Review by adhambakry -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival u...

Post by adhambakry »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies, by Matthew Tysz, is a Sci-Fi novel about Galen, a refugee, who escaped his war-crippled land to head to the prosperous kingdom of Voulhire, where he inherited a piece of property, to begin a new life. As Galen's journey begins, he learns more about the kingdom's history and power. Meanwhile, the political situation in Voulhire continues to exacerbate as the kingdom's adversaries continue to grow more powerful. Moreover, tensions among people continue to grow as they refuse to believe that a certain terrorizing legend has ended. The novel is packed with magic and drama. It is the novel that readers will often relate to.

What I loved the most about the novel is the brilliant use of imagery in it. The genius use of colors, textures, and imagination- stimulating vocabulary forced me to stay engaged throughout the whole story. Furthermore, the writer excelled at building the characters' characteristics and personality. As a result of such mesmerizing work, I was able to both admire each character and understand the reasons behind his actions. Lastly, the ending of this novel is accomplished. The writer was ingenious enough to force me to read the next installment.

I am not fond of the title though, the sentence "we are Voulhire" implies that the novel's main theme is one's devotion and sacrifice to his nation. But after finishing the novel, I realized that this universal theme isn't commonly found in the text. Therefore, the title can be a little misleading. Other than the title, I found Matthew Tysz's novel to be very entertaining and flawless.

I rate the story 4 out of 4 stars.There are very few typos and errors regarding context. Nevertheless, the delivery is clear, the story is engaging, and you are provided with an adequate backstory. I believe that the novel is professionally edited and proofread. Another aspect to consider is the writer's ability to merge fantasy with reality. In other words, he was able to successfully combine human nature, with all its sentiments, with all the Sci-Fi content in the story.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is strongly recommended for young fantasy junkies who love reading content related to magic and wizards. It also suits adults who enjoy reading about politics and political disputes. Vulgar language and profanity are commonly found throughout the novel, so it is not recommended for young children.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”