Review by Sarah Tariq -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tariq.html
Latest Review: Live Digital Or Be Irrelevant by A.K. Smith -Ford
Reading Device: PDF

Review by Sarah Tariq -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

Post by Sarah Tariq »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Mathew Tysz is a fantasy fiction that revolves around a fictional state of Voulhire where magic, culture, and politics all have been mixed in a way that makes this book truly engrossing for the fans of fantasy fiction.

Galan Bray had to flee from the Lands of Princes due to unabated fight and propounding threats to his life there. He made his way to the Voulhire’s city Magnum Caelum to take over the charge of his deceased uncle’s forge. Rowan, his uncle’s executor, helped him to settle in a new land that was much different from his previous country, politically and culturally. On Rowan’s direction, he decides to invest in the mining business of precious white iron that is supposed to come from the magic world, Caromentics. Along with this, King Wilhelm Arcolo selected a new leader, Midius Maido, for Manorian Council. However, he has conflicts with the working and authority of the Council, and for this reason, his relationship remains estranged with the Manorian knights. Apart from this, he appoints Lord Eldus Elderman to the southern town of Hillport to regain the trust of the Hillport people who were betrayed by the two predecessor lords.

The story alternates between different characters and is told from the first and third-person point of view. I appreciate the author’s depiction of this fantasy land that is nice and enthralling. In other words, the author adroitly compiled the element of world-building to give it a real look. The book also contains some magical element that is nicely incorporated into the story. The plot was fast-paced and it kept me guessing throughout the story what is coming next.

The book is the first installment of the Voulhire series. The exposition is well-developed to support the later books in the series. Moreover, I appreciate the author for adding a map at the start of the book; it helps to figure out the right geography of different parts of this fictional land. I literally enjoyed looking at it. As for the downsides of this book, there isn’t much to mention. Nevertheless, at one place the book contains objectionable language for religious affairs that may ignite some people.

In a nutshell, the book is a perfect read for the fans of fantasy thriller and offers both action and suspense. Besides, the book is professionally edited; I encountered only a couple of mistakes, but it didn’t deter me from reading the book. I didn’t find any profanity in the book. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars and recommend it to the fans of fantasy thriller.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Dominik_G
Currently Reading: Secret Window
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominik-g.html
Latest Review: #19 by Randi Tetlow

Post by Dominik_G »

I'm not generally a fan of fantasy, but I appreciate the author's ability to build such a detailed and deeply original world. We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies looks like a good choice for lovers of the genre. Thank you for your great review!
Latest Review: #19 by Randi Tetlow
Sarah Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Sarah Tariq »

Dominik_G wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 07:19 I'm not generally a fan of fantasy, but I appreciate the author's ability to build such a detailed and deeply original world. We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies looks like a good choice for lovers of the genre. Thank you for your great review!
Yeah, I was impressed how beautifully the author articulated each of the detail to make it look fantastic.
Thanks for the feedback!

📕📖📰📓📕
xsquare
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xsquare.html
Latest Review: Kitty and Kat - MiceQuest by Robert Beals III

Post by xsquare »

I loved the worldbuilding and magical element of the story as well. The author has a real talent with words. Thanks for the great review!
Sarah Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Sarah Tariq »

xsquare wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 23:53 I loved the worldbuilding and magical element of the story as well. The author has a real talent with words. Thanks for the great review!
Thanks for commenting, xsquare!

📕📖📰📓📕
NDeMeer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndemeer.html
Latest Review: Sormara The Evil Tome by Sandra L. Reel

Post by NDeMeer »

I have read this book too and I agree that the worldbuilding was very aptly done. Thank you for your insights on this wonderful novel!
Happy reading! :techie-studyingbrown:
Zainabreadsnow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainabreadsnow.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Zainabreadsnow »

The map was my favorite part of this book. I often went back to it because i had trouble imagining the locations and it helped greatly. Thank you for including it in your review!
aaurba
2021 Reading Goal: 12
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: Of Zots and Xoodles
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaurba.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by aaurba »

I agree with you for the most part. I have read this book, and I also gave it a perfect rating. Great review!
Sarah Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Sarah Tariq »

Zainabreadsnow wrote: 27 Aug 2020, 11:57 The map was my favorite part of this book. I often went back to it because i had trouble imagining the locations and it helped greatly. Thank you for including it in your review!
Yeah, the author did a good job by adding a map. It gives this fictional world a kind of real touch.
Thanks for commenting!

📕📖📰📓📕
Sarah Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Sarah Tariq »

NDeMeer wrote: 27 Aug 2020, 11:37 I have read this book too and I agree that the worldbuilding was very aptly done. Thank you for your insights on this wonderful novel!
Thanks for the feedback! NDeMeer.

📕📖📰📓📕
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: Create the Life You Want by Raymond P. Gerson

Post by Ellylion »

The worldbuilding is outstanding in this series and it only gets better from book to book :) Thanks for a great review!
jokinyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jokinyo.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by jokinyo »

The fantasy in the book kept me going. Lovely review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”