Review by Inside about -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Inside about
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inside-about.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review by Inside about -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival...

Post by Inside about »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies is the first instalment in the We are Voulhire series by Mathew Tsyz. It’s a novel set in Voulhire and follows young Galen who at the beginning of the story gets a message from his uncle to come to voulhire where he learns that he is to inherit his uncle’s home. But things are not always as they seem. The land of voulhire keeps getting attacked by the army of riva rohavi and facing other political instabilities that are threatening the peace and stability of voulhire. Can voulhire withstand the attacks and rise above everything and everyone trying to bring it down?

The novel strives to inform the reader about the power structure of voulhire and how the men in power use magical abilities to get what they want. The book makes you question the system in which voulhire is founded upon. There was historical information as well as major surprises. I would like to continue with this trilogy seeing as this is the first book in the series and also because the ending was really effective in getting me to want to know more

I liked the writing style most of all due to its simple way of explaining and going through the events of the story with an almost childlike simplicity that made reading it a breeze. You could tell that Mathew Tsyz knew exactly what he was doing as his thoughts came across very clearly in the book. The book doesn’t have chapters but rather segments that focus on a character which are really informative and written in a conversational tone

There were also vivid descriptions of the characters, various geographical situations and setting in the book that made the story seem real and interesting. I have no complaints about the characters as they were well developed and easy to connect with.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it was properly edited, I found no mistakes and there is nothing I disliked about it. It was interesting, exciting and thoroughly written. The writing is easy to understand and read. That said, I wouldn’t recommend this book to children only because there is use of profanities and some disturbing scenes that are not fit for children. I would however, recommend this to science fiction lovers, fantasy, drama lovers and political enthusiasts. I would also recommend this to people who are looking to get into science fiction and fantasy, I think this Is a good place to start.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
adhambakry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adhambakry.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by adhambakry »

Thanks for the review! I've read the book and I have to admit, I'm addicted to this series.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”