Review by Bukola02 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bukola02
Currently Reading: Prince Player
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukola02.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by Bukola02 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

Post by Bukola02 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Galen Bray grew up constantly looking over his shoulders. He knew two things; war and survival. The Lands of the Princes have been at war with each other for over two decades.The Land is ravished with war, suffering, and poverty. It was death by the sword or slow starvation. There seems no hope for 28 years old Galen until he got a request from his dying great uncle, whom he had never met to come to Magnum Caelum and inherit his forge business. Magnum Caelum is a small peaceful town in the kingdom of Voulhire. The Peaceful and prosperous Kingdom of Voulhire is Kingdom ruled by King Wilhelm. But while its people live in comfort and plenty, evil lurks in darkness unseen, bidding its time. As Galen starts his journey to a new life, will he make it in time to see his uncle? Will his new home be everything he has imagined it to be?

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz. It is the first book in we are Voulhire series. It is an adventure and fantasy novel. The story started at a slow pace, affording the reader to gradually warm to the entire plot.

The book is filled with interesting and exciting characters. I enjoyed how each character had its segments, which gave details of places and events. The author did a great job with character development by detailing the emotions, actions, and moods of each of the characters. My favorite character in the book is Rowan. I enjoyed his wit and sense of humor. I do have a mixed feeling with Galen’s character. He seems too naïve for someone who had spent over twenty years of his life looking over his shoulders for survival. I hope to see his character evolve more in the next book.

The writing style of the author is flawless. The book is well organized. These contributed to the steady flow. I love the author’s attention to details while describing certain events and occurrences. The author’s imaginative ability is excellent. For instance, where King Wilhelm watched the dancers performing at the feast through the skeleton of the bull. It gave me the illusion that I was present in the room. I enjoyed reading this book. There was nothing I dislike about the book. I’m eagerly waiting to read the second book.

This book seems to be professionally edited as I did not find any error while reading it. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I did not rate it lower because the writing style was easy to read and the author provided a reference guide for words and places mentioned in the book. I recommend this book to fans of mystery, adventure, and fantasy. The book contains some disturbing scenes and profanity language and may be disturbing for a younger audience.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Budhal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-budhal.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Budhal »

Indeed! The author's imaginitive skills are remarkable and his way of describing scenes is excellent. Great review!
What isn't said is as important as what is said.
azidy
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azidy.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by azidy »

I also had mixed feelings about Galen. I enjoyed when the author presented his struggles with the new culture, but the other characters' perspectives seemed more developed.

Thank you for the informative review!
Bukola02

Post by Bukola02 »

Budhal wrote: 30 Aug 2020, 10:53 Indeed! The author's imaginitive skills are remarkable and his way of describing scenes is excellent. Great review!
Thanks for the nice comment.
Bukola02

Post by Bukola02 »

azidy wrote: 30 Aug 2020, 17:48 I also had mixed feelings about Galen. I enjoyed when the author presented his struggles with the new culture, but the other characters' perspectives seemed more developed.

Thank you for the informative review!
I can’t agree less. Thanks for comment

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”