Review by Mokgabudi Matome -- We are Voulhire: A New Arr...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mokgabudi Matome
2021 Reading Goal: 36
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mokgabudi-matome.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare
Reading Device: B07ZDJCL76

Review by Mokgabudi Matome -- We are Voulhire: A New Arr...

Post by Mokgabudi Matome »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The author has written an exciting storyline that is captivating. The style of writing by the pen of Matthew Tysz keeps one easily hooked and excited to what happens next. We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies, gives us a sneak peak into the world of Lords, War and a little bit of magic. Through his pen we have a story worth sharing and worth the time one takes to read. We are brought into the world were people are brought together by the common place called Voulhire. Some are permanent dwellers of the place while some seek refuge in the place.

The story start, with a young man who finds himself growing up in a hostile environment, the land of the Princes. We are told this land had a king who had four sons (Princes) and gave each a land. As the kind had foreseen, the sons started fighting and that’s when the land became hostile to its dwellers. Away from this place there was another called Voulhire. Voulhire was filled with peace even though it had its own challenges. Galen had an uncle in this new land that wanted him to come there and he hired a person to make that possible. Even though it was a rocky ride, he made it to the place and found out that his uncle has recently died and left him everything he had.

The new land this young man found himself in was beautiful and it had more to offer than what he had learnt and been through in the land of princes. With the help of his newly found friend Rowan, he was in for an adventure. The first that he had to learn was regarding the business his uncle left him of being a Craftsman. We are also introduced to few dwellers of Voulhire. Of interest is Eldus who has undertook the leadership of Hillport. Unfortunately, the leader later died due to a secret that the king has held about the previous ruler of Hillport.

The author has got an exceptional skill that is worthy of reading. Throughout reading the book, I have found no error in editing. I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars because of excellent editing. The storyline is worthy of the rating above cause its well thought, well written, imaginative and exciting among others. The way the chapters are linked together is nice and they are divided into small chunks that can be easily understood. The language of writing is not strong and engages with everyone.

I liked the flow of the storyline as it lets one’s imagination into a captivating world. The flow of chapters makes it an amazing historical story. I also liked how he brings different worlds together and they core exists even though there are bumps there and there. What I did not like is the infusion of other characters. The infusion makes it a lot of stories that shift the focus from the main story and makes it hard to get where the story is going. I would recommend this book to mature readers as some scenes could make one cry. History lovers would find it an excellent read. The infusion of the magic world makes it also comfortable to the youth. Well, it can be read by anyone but except kids as the killing scenes would be too strong for them.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”