Review by Annie2019 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival un...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Annie2019
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annie2019.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review by Annie2019 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival un...

Post by Annie2019 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is an intriguing and enjoyable read about the kingdoms, power and politics.

The novel commences with Galen escaping the war-torn and suffering Land of the Princes to the Kingdom of Voulhire for his uncle’s inheritance. He meets Rowan and the Mayor who orient him about the forge and Voulhire as a whole. Voulhire is described as a land of prosperity and wealth full of great opportunities and potential, where many people seem to visit or settle in. Besides, it’s seen as an economically stable land.

King Wilhelm Arcolo and Chancellor Midius Maido had been locked in political ties for power over Voulhire. Lord Eldus Alderman took over the leadership of Hillport after the wicked and cruel leadership of Lord Orlin and Lord Meldorath, his predecessors. They had caused so much pain and betrayal to the people. Eldus had a heart for the people and the community. He wanted to bring in prosperity to the poorer southern coast by investing in education, hospitals and businesses, and making Hillport a better place than it was before. There was a huge stain left by his predecessors which was a big hurdle for Eldus. Will he unravel the mysteries? Suddenly, Hillport is under siege!

The book is magical, adventurous, action-packed and mysterious. There is suspense and difficulty in predicting what happens next. The novel gives a perspective of various people in power with different styles of leadership that left either a positive or a negative impact on the people and land. This mainly affected the livelihoods and way of life of the people.

I loved the astounding narration of the world of Voulhire, its people, history, and personalities. The characters were well described, though, their names were hard for me to pronounce and easily remember. Rowan's role came out superwell with his sense of humor. The scenes and stories were well told and fascinating to the wanted expectations. The story is captivating and exciting though there are too many details on descriptions and scenes, hence, drags the storyline. However, this did not hinder my reading. I found the book to be professionally written and proofread. I did not encounter any grammatical errors. The author is very creative in the world of fiction and adventure, I enjoyed that.

I enjoyed the novel in its clarity and rate 4 out of 4 because it is well-edited with no grammatical errors. I would recommend the book to a mature audience only because of its profane and vulgar words. Also, the book has violence, war, death, and bloodshed which will be unsuitable for the younger audience. This is an amazing and worthy read for fantasy lovers’ genres.

Overall, the reading experience was amazing and would love to read the other series as well.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Reading is an active, imaginative act; it takes work ~ Khaled Hosseini :techie-studyingbrown:
Honest-reviewer
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Honest-reviewer »

This is a great book. I’ve read a few books of this series and they didn’t disappoint at all. Wonderful review!
Annie2019
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annie2019.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Annie2019 »

Honest-reviewer wrote: 29 Aug 2020, 15:39 This is a great book. I’ve read a few books of this series and they didn’t disappoint at all. Wonderful review!
It is a great book I loved it. Thanks for passing by :D
Reading is an active, imaginative act; it takes work ~ Khaled Hosseini :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”