Review by Intel -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Intel
Favorite Book: The Hobbit
Currently Reading: Fahrenheit 451
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-intel.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Review by Intel -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under ...

Post by Intel »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mystical money and motives unfold in this episodic fantasy adventure. We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is the first book of nine that embarks on the different perspectives of characters in the modern monarchy of Voulhire. Galen, King Wilhelm, Lord Eldus, and wicked wizard Meldorath, are just a few faces that reel the audience in on the wonders and disappointments this kingdom withholds.

The kingdom of Voulhire is nothing short of advanced, and behind the white marble roads and magical air, there is an unseen potential of what the citizens and authority figures bring. As the entities in this book are introduced, the author does a great job of guiding the reader smoothly without revealing the entire plot. To describe the pages as enticing and emotional would be an understatement.

I enjoyed how the author uses imagery and empathy to draw the good out of characters, making it all the more confusing on who the true “bad guy” is. There is a sense of realism that is often missed in fiction, and that was beautifully captured as if I was seeing the events unfold right before my eyes.

Each chapter produced an idea of what different classes and powers each person is capable of. Fully embodying the idea that the least magical of characters hold the most influence over others. The organization of the book creates an atmosphere of professionalism. Cliffhangers and questions keep readers immersed and anticipating what is next. The lack of typos is refreshing, and the editing and transitions do not break the stride of the story.

The story is suggested to be for more mature audiences, with its suggestive language and tone. It does not however feel forced on making anything too inappropriate. The only thing I did not enjoy in the book was the length of the chapters depending on each character. It just made me want to read it all to get back to my favorite.

This well-planned book could potentially become a series if requested, and I for one would be glued to my television screen. It holds all of the foundations for a wonderful fantasy while containing thoughtful surprises and plot twists. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars . I recommend this book to anyone interested in fantasy and long stories. This book is not suitable for children or those of disdain for religion and magic.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Sou Hi »

Yeah, I feel you. Once you have a favorite character, you will want to go over the other parts quickly to get to that character's storyline :).
Honest-reviewer
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Honest-reviewer »

I’ve read this book and I agree with your points. This book is really exciting. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Intel

Post by Intel »

Sou Hi wrote: 21 Aug 2020, 20:38 Yeah, I feel you. Once you have a favorite character, you will want to go over the other parts quickly to get to that character's storyline :).
I'm glad that it's not only me who has favorites. It's even worse when a character gets killed off in a book!
Intel

Post by Intel »

Honest-reviewer wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 09:54 I’ve read this book and I agree with your points. This book is really exciting. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Thank you for your reply. It means so much to get some feedback!
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Sou Hi »

Intel wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 19:36
Sou Hi wrote: 21 Aug 2020, 20:38 Yeah, I feel you. Once you have a favorite character, you will want to go over the other parts quickly to get to that character's storyline :).
I'm glad that it's not only me who has favorites. It's even worse when a character gets killed off in a book!
Yes, it'd be frustrating. Luckily, my trio is still alive and kicking. Hope all three of them will make it to the end.
xsquare
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xsquare.html
Latest Review: Kitty and Kat - MiceQuest by Robert Beals III

Post by xsquare »

I just read this book myself, and I completely agree with the author's use of imagery to create great characters. If this becomes a TV series I'd be quite interested to watch it as well. Thanks for the great review!
Patrick Maina1
Currently Reading: The Power of Habit
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patrick-maina1.html
Latest Review: How To Keep Your Daughter From Slamming the Door by Deborah Ann Davis
Reading Device: Moonreader

Post by Patrick Maina1 »

Enticing and emotional would indeed be an understatement.Great review.
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

The book was an awesome read for me! Thanks for such a detailed review!
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”