Review by Eureka Galarrita -- We are Voulhire: A New Arr...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eureka Galarrita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eureka-galarrita.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by Eureka Galarrita -- We are Voulhire: A New Arr...

Post by Eureka Galarrita »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Matthew Tysz’s We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies, destiny is revealed as too playful. It drowns you in the slapping waves of uncertainty and pain then surprises you with a sudden hand of hope. You are suddenly trapped between staying in the waves due to the fear of what’s coming, and moving to an island due to the fear of what’s behind.

Galen, fortunately and unfortunately, experiences this. A man, who has only known suffering in the Land of the Princes, moves to a new place far away from the frightening land ruled by vicious leaders. Here where magic tangles with everything else, Galen discovers the world is so much bigger than his visions. He will meet folks along the way, whom will either shape or destroy his humanity.

What I really loved about this book is the ability of the author to build a diverse world. It’s as if Earth acts invisible, and the world of Voulhire comes alive. The author speaks through his written words in black and white that ironically bring color to this new cosmos he created. The map in the first pages of the book brought clarity since the book constantly transitions to and from different perspectives.

The novel is amazing, in a way that there will be first and third person point of views. But rather than ushering confusion, it is a wise choice because the story is then viewed in different stances and angles.

Goodness, I am so happy to say that We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is incredibly flawless. No typos, no misspellings, nothing else than serving us a good read.

Though, I would love to recommend to the author to add a table of contents in the beginning of the book to be able to swift back and forth between chapters. The app I use as my mode of reading automatically starts in the beginning whenever I quit from the app. Plus, I always forget which page or chapter I was last reading on. Resulting to scrolling downwards until I reach where I remember I last stopped. Quite a funny story, but I do believe I am not the only one. I’m sure adding such, will bring convenience to the readers.

Previously made known by the author, this book is a part of an ongoing series. In conclusion, it was no shock to me to find out that the ending is cut short, therefore leaving some questions unanswered.

I rate this book a perfect 4 out of 4 stars. It is professionally edited with a plot I deeply enjoyed.

Note that the book contains lots of profanity and vulgar language thus I would recommend this book to mature audiences.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”