Review by cat noir -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cat noir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cat-noir.html
Latest Review: Mirrored Worlds by Tayma Tameem

Review by cat noir -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

Post by cat noir »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

To Galen, it was as if the doors to heaven were opened when he got the chance to leave the Lands of the Princes. Oh, how glad he was to leave that land of nothing but war and brutality! He was going to Voulhire where he hopes to start a new life. There he meets very helpful and considerate people. Everything in Voulhire was different from the Lands of the Princes, where there was nothing but darkness. Only little did he know that dark clouds were slowly brewing over Voulhire. A dangerous secret might unravel and bring about the darkness that light will not dare to penetrate. Will Voulhire become like the hell Galen had once survived in? Will he be able to survive it once again?

We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is the first novel in the We Are Voulhire series. The plot is about a magnificent kingdom named Voulhire. People living there were happy with everything. They had a long history of glorious kings who protected and nurtured Voulhire and everything in it. But not everything remained perfect. In a place like Voulhire, anything could happen. Truths might become lies. Hopes might be shattered. And the calmness that existed might be followed by the greatest of storms.

The author had done an amazing job describing Voulhire and everything about it. The people, activities, and culture were explained in detail. This gave a deep understanding of the fantasy world, the readers would delve into. Anyone reading it could see the author had done an excellent job on this book. The pace with which the plot progressed was perfect.

My favorite part about the book is the characters the author used. I like Rowan especially (a friend Galen makes in Voulhire). I just love his sarcasm and would love to know more about him in the rest of the series. I couldn't find any fault with the plot.

I rate We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz four out of four stars. Fantasy fans will love this book for sure. The book was professionally edited. Profanity was used frequently through the plot. Sexual encounters were mentioned once or twice, but nothing in detail. This series is to have a total of nine installments. I have a feeling that this series is going to creep into my list of favorite books. And guess what? My feelings about books are never wrong! I am so excited to read what awaits me in the next book.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”