Review by FaithMO19 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival un...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
FaithMO19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmo19.html
Latest Review: Waiting for Grace by Caroline E. Zani

Review by FaithMO19 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival un...

Post by FaithMO19 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Galen Bray is a young man who comes from the war-infested Lands of the Princes. He promptly leaves his home for Voulhire on his dying uncle's earnest request and does his best to be worthy of what he inherits. Unknown to him, a monstrous evil lurks within the great Voulhire. How will Galen Bray survive?

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is the first book in the We are Voulhire series, written by Matthew Tysz. He states this series will have a total of nine books, and he includes their titles in the opening pages of this first book. We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is about the connection between the physical world(the cosmos), and the magical world(the caromentis). In this book, the characters have different beliefs and pursue different goals; some seek power and war, while others desire peace. Its prevailing themes are politics, good and evil, hate, gratitude, and hope.

An outstanding quality of this book is its ability to grip the attention of its reader from the start. The suspense, in the beginning, makes it difficult to put down the book; it leaves the reader wanting more. An example of this breathless suspense is present in this excerpt taken from the beginning of the book: In this special kingdom, where all the tools are provided to build a perfect world, you will stand as a firsthand witness to what people do when they have no excuse to fail. This, my children, is the magnificent and terrifying kingdom of Voulhire!

In the initial pages of the book, the author includes a glossary of the words, places, and historical matters relevant to the people of Voulhire. Due to this, readers can accurately understand and interpret it as they read on; I find this thoughtful gesture commendable and praiseworthy. Also, it is worth mentioning that the storyline doesn't appear unreal and unbelievable, even though this book can be considered a work of fantasy. The author skillfully presents his views of the existence of different worlds like the cosmos and caromentis, and he convincingly tells this story by linking both worlds.

Although the author presents this story from the points of view of different characters, my favorite character is Galen Bray. He represents a man who is humbled by his background and is grateful for the chance to experience a change. He is thoughtful, kind, and generous. He is always eager to learn and become a better person. I am genuinely excited to witness his development as he adjusts to his new life in Voulhire.

I did not detect any errors while reading this book, so I can conclude that a professional edited and carefully revised it. There is no erotic content in it, but profanities appear a lot in this text.

In conclusion, this book is instantly absorbing and exciting; its suspense-filled pages grip the readers and stir up curiosity in them. It is so good that I am willing to follow the characters in this enthralling tale. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars because it is easy to read and understand, and it serves as a good source of entertainment to avid lovers of fantasy and science fiction. I heartily recommend it to people who love to read about the possible existence of other worlds; there is no dull moment in the mighty kingdom of Voulhire!

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Olabode Joshua
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olabode-joshua.html
Latest Review: Natural Born Gangster: The Legend of Chris Bell by C J H Moore
Reading Device: B0042D75TU

Post by Olabode Joshua »

This book is everywhere in OBC and it just shows how well executed it is. Good job!
Remember, we are passers-by in this realm
Thebest_reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Thebest_reader »

This kingdom sounds like an intriguing one and I'd like to peruse the pages of this book to get a glimpse of it's wonders. Also this Galen character sounds like an interesting guy. I want to know more about him. Your review is really entertaining and engaging!
Maconstewart
2021 Reading Goal: 15
Favorite Book: East Wind, 2nd edition
Currently Reading: Black Beach
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maconstewart.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Maconstewart »

FaithMO19 wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 09:13 [Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

...my favorite character is Galen Bray. He represents a man who is humbled by his background and is grateful for the chance to experience a change. ...
My favorite character was also Galen. I loved his humbleness and reactions to his new world. His excitement and hope was tangible in the text. Great review!
Lisa

My greatest accomplishment is that I raised two daughters that love to read.
:techie-reference: :techie-reference:
justhereader
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justhereader.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by justhereader »

Galen is indeed an interesting character! There’s just a lot to look forward in him in the series.
PriyankaBeeput
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankabeeput.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by PriyankaBeeput »

Great review, I agree with you that the book was an absolute page-turner
jokinyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jokinyo.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by jokinyo »

I had a good time reading and understanding and interpreting this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”