Review by Chikom -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chikom
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikom.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Review by Chikom -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under...

Post by Chikom »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is a fascinating combination of two stories. One part of the story talks about the political, social, and economic events of Voulhire. The other part of the story is about Galen Bray. Galen is a youngster from the war-torn Lands of the Princes to Magnum Caelum in response to his great uncle’s request. He is the protagonist in the story and intents to carry on his uncle’s smithing business far away from the gores of war, which have been part of his life for two decades. In the interim, there are forces within Vouhire that threaten her peace and prosperity that has existed for eighteen centuries. Can Voulhire deliver the peace and happiness that Galen seeks? Or will he live to see the kingdom he has grown fond of deteriorating to the warpath of his homeland?

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is the premiere novel of We are Voulhire series. The story enlightens the reader about the social-economic state of Voulhire and power-hungry men in Voulhire, who employed their powerful magic to pursue their selfish interests. The role of religious leaders has also been highlighted and explained concerning Voulhire. In my opinion, this is a non-religious book, although it mentions some religious beliefs and teachings.

There was nothing to dislike in the novel. The book was well-edited; I did not encounter any grammatical or typographical errors. Moreover, the English used by the author was simple to read and understand much to my amusement. The book was also non-discriminatory when it comes to religion, hence making it suitable for reading by all interested readers devoid of religious beliefs and practices. Furthermore, the book has no sexual content that makes it comfortable for readers who have problems reading books with sexual content. However, I must warn readers that the book contains profane words.

I liked the creativity behind the imaginative ability of the author. He choreographically created events that took place at Hillport. As much as this is pure fiction work, the clearly described events and how they expound the geography of various towns and cities featured in the story made the story sound real and thrilling. I was deeply engrossed in the book as I flipped one page to another for the last two days because the book was so engaging and flawless. I give due credit to Matthew Tysz for this masterpiece of work done.

I award this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is enthralling and adventurous to read. I recommend the book to lover of science fiction novels or anyone else who appreciates books with ancient taste. Reading this book will help you develop imaginative ability much to your advantage.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

The book was a good read. Nice job on the review btw!
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”