Review by mo_chimchim -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mo_chimchim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mo-chimchim.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by mo_chimchim -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

Post by mo_chimchim »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great skies, the very first entry of the Voulhire series, written by Matthew Tysz is a fantasy novel of suspense and epicity. The story starts with a wise and wicked ruler of a vast and powerful nation also known as the Emperor of Lullabies who had four sons. Fearing that his sons would take his place one day, he decided to evict them from his palace, sending each of them to a different island off his empire's mainland.

Galen, one of the four sons traveled to Magnum Caelum in the kingdom of Voulhire to recieve his great uncle's inheritance, a forge business called Onita Steel. There, he met his uncle's executor, Rowan, who plays a big part of the plot.

I'm not a fan of this genre and was even skeptical to read the novel at first but I gave this a chance and I didn't regret. The author really did an oustanding job. The story kind of reminds me to the movie Troy, particularly to the scene wherein the Riva Rohavi invaded the palace. I love the author's style of words. How he presented each of the character was exceptional. Another thing that I liked from this book is that the author provided a map and a reference which is very helpful to avoid confusion.

I consider this a new cup of tea for me. There isn't a single page I disliked and found boring in this book. I found only one error, just a spelling error. The book was well-edited. We can really see the author's efforts in rereading and editing the entire novel.

In short, the book was fantastic. A brilliant masterpiece, really. I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I highly recommend this book to young adults and to all readers out there, particularly those who want to dwell in a new world.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by 20149839 »

The book is so amazing. Its contain may contribute to the well being of the globe. The introduction part is well polished, honestly, its introduction gave me the interest to read the whole novel.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”