Review by Ben97 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ben97
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben97.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by Ben97 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under ...

Post by Ben97 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Matthew Tysz has penned a spellbinding and enchanting book — We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies — which is the first installment in the Voulhire book series. The author created a fascinating world of fantasy filled with magic, adventure, and action. The tale revolves around Galen who lived in the Lands of the Princes. These lands were faced with civil wars, and he sought peace in the distant lands of Voulhire.

Voulhire was a country rich in all aspects; endowed with a rich culture, a wealthy economy, and as if that was not enough, it was steeped in wizardly, and mystery. It was an exciting journey as the main protagonist explored these lands that had so much to learn from. But Voulhire had one unique feature that made it stand out and so powerful. Join the wagon as Tysz takes his readers on an amazing journey to these new lands of fantasy.

I liked how the author opened the book with a map showing the different lands of Voulhire. This aspect made the book more realistic and I could imagine those cities of Voulhire in the narration. He even went further to include a link to a guide with more information on the history and the culture of the Voulhire people. The presentation of his thoughts was superb as he narrated the story from the first-person perspective through Galen.

I was sucked into this book right from the first page and enjoyed those well-timed plot twists that elicited a certain charming and compelling feeling to keep devouring more of this book. The main aspect of the book was an adventure though the author also elaborately touched on different themes of social classes, war, and culture. The descriptions were rich, characters were well-developed, and the author thoughtfully sprinkled the tale by capturing dialogues that kept the narration more lively. Lastly, the ending was not abrupt though it had an interesting way of seducing the readers to yearn for more thrills in the implied sequels.

Finally, I would recommend the book to science fantasy and adventure fans. This book will also be a thrill to action lovers as the author blended the story with some action. I did not have anything to dislike about this book. As for the writing, the book was exceptionally well written. There were no grammatical errors, and I could tell that the book was professionally edited. Hence, I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars and look forward to reading more from the Voulhire book series.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”