Review by Samgum50 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Samgum50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samgum50.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Review by Samgum50 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

Post by Samgum50 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is an exciting science fiction novel by Matthew Tsyz. The story starts with Galen Bray, who comes from the Lands of the Princes, making his way to Voulhire. Specifically to a city called Magnum Caelum, where he is to receive an inheritance from his great uncle. Galen soon comes to realize that Voulhire is far from what he expected when he discovers that magic exists.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is the first book of the We are Voulhire series. I feel like this book sets the scene for what is to come in the next books in the series. The story shifts narratives from different characters perspectives.

The main perspectives are those of Galen Bray and Lord Eldus. Initially, Galen comes across as wide-eyed and willing to please. Even though his great uncle is dead already, he still wants to honor his legacy. Rowan, his uncle’s executor, desires to fulfill his duty by helping Galen become a blacksmith for him to continue running his great uncle’s business. Galen soon realizes that there’s more to Voulhire than he initially suspected.

Judge Eldus Alderman, on the other hand, has received a promotion from King Wilhelm Arcolo to be the new lord of the Southern town of Hillport. The previous two lords of Hillport, Lord Orlin and Meldorath, were controversial and left nasty reputations. Lord Eldus genuinely desires to help Hillport and its people. He also seeks to find a way to kill Lord Meldorath, who everyone suspects to be dead but, he suspects otherwise. Only time will tell on whether he’ll be successful in his endeavors.

Overall, I would give We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I like the storyline and, I feel like Matthew Tsyz did a marvelous job writing this book. The editing of this book seemed professionally done as I did not come across any errors whatsoever while reading. I honestly have nothing negative to say about this book.

I enjoyed reading this book and, I can’t wait to read the rest of the books in the series as well. I would recommend this book to readers who are fans of the science fiction genre. Plus, I think this book would also interest people who enjoy reading stories based in medieval times as well. I do not feel this book would be suitable for people who prefer reading books set in modern times. People who dislike the fantasy genre may also not like this book.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NDeMeer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndemeer.html
Latest Review: Sormara The Evil Tome by Sandra L. Reel

Post by NDeMeer »

This sounds like a great series. I'm interested to read Galen's adventure myself. Did you find the worldbuilding well done in this book? Looking forward to reading this, thanks for the review! :)
Happy reading! :techie-studyingbrown:
Samgum50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samgum50.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Samgum50 »

NDeMeer wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 03:52 This sounds like a great series. I'm interested to read Galen's adventure myself. Did you find the worldbuilding well done in this book? Looking forward to reading this, thanks for the review! :)
Thank you for commenting. To answer your question, yes I think the author did a great job with world building. Everything was well explained and presented in a way that readers will easily follow.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”