Review by Rosemary Okoko -- We are Voulhire: A New Arriv...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Review by Rosemary Okoko -- We are Voulhire: A New Arriv...

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies, by Matthew Tysz, is the first book in a series. We meet Galen whose life is miserable because he is living in the lands of the Princes who have been at war with one another for several years. An opportunity to leave these lands arises when he loses his uncle and has to travel to Voulhire to inherit his property. We are then taken on a journey of how Galen got acquainted with the new way of life of the Voulhirians. Read this book to learn about Caromentis, another world co-existing with the Cosmos, and the powers of the Magi.

The different types of Magi and their abilities is what intrigued me the most about this book. A majority of rulers in Voulhire are attached to a Magi. Some Mages are able to relay messages from one area to another through telepathy. Other Mages are able to control other people’s minds and have things done their way without any movement on their part.

I enjoyed reading this book to the point that I could not handle the many cliff-hangers. My inability to know what happened next is what I did not like the most about this book. This being the first book in a series, a cliff-hanger is definitely expected.

I found this book of 151 pages very easy to read and above all, very interesting. This being the author’s first book, I feel that he has done a great job and expect the rest of the series to be equally intriguing. I did not come across any type of error and this led me to believe that this author had this book professionally edited. The characters are well-fleshed out with well-defined roles. I found the characters to be likeable and relatable. The formatting of this book is well done. My choice of rating this book cannot be lower than the highest rating. I therefore rate this book 4 out of 4 stars and have no reason to rate it lower.

This book falls in the Science-Fiction/Fantasy genre. This book is well suited for young adults and adults who enjoy quick reads. The main character in this book is a young adult whom young adults will find very relatable to. Those who like reading Science-Fiction/Fantasy books will enjoy this one. Those who do not mind reading books that have cliff-hangers can give this one a go. I did not find any profanity in this book and drew the conclusion that it would not be offensive to any religion.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: Create the Life You Want by Raymond P. Gerson

Post by Ellylion »

This book as a premise to the series is intriguing for sure :) Thank you for a great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”