Review by Vivienne2000 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vivienne2000
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivienne2000.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Review by Vivienne2000 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival...

Post by Vivienne2000 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Anton Szandor LaVey once said, "Magic is never totally scientifically explainable, but science has always been, at one time or another, considered magic." Once upon a time, a king had four sons. Each son wanted to become the heir to his kingdom, so he did the only thing he thought best, he gave each an island to rule over.These islands became the Lands of Princes. Soon, they got greedy and so got into war with each other so as to gain more land from each other.

Galen Bray was born in those lands. Almost all his life, all he has known is neverending war. He can't even remember what peace looked or tasted like. He receives a letter from a peaceful kingdom, Voulhire, to go and inherit his great uncle's property. He's excited to leave the war behind and start over afresh as a blacksmith, with his late great uncle's diary as a guide. Will he make it out of the Land of Princes? How is he going to cope in a peaceful state? Voulhire's king is intent on making people believe that the once powerful mage, Lord Dalehei Meldorath, is dead. What he doesn't know is that a secret can never be shared since it will spill. When he sends Lord Eldus to lead the little town of Hillport, he's doing so with everyone's best interests at heart. But what happens when not everyone is happy about that move? What happens when Lord Meldorath decides to come back to his castle? Read We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies to get to know what happens next.

I really loved the flow of the story. It was lovely and made reading the book a really enjoyable experience. I also loved how the author used vivid descriptions when describing the characters and various situations throughout the book. The author used topics at the start of each chapter hence preparing the reader's mind of what is to come next.Also the author used breakers in between the chapters, helping the reader understand better when there is a change of scenery or characters. I loved the tense used by the author in the different scenery changes. The book was flawless and i found nothing to hate about it.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This book was well written with emphasis on how flowy the story was from the start to the end. Reading this book will make you want to go on with the book series till you get to the very last. There were no grammatical or typing errors in the book.

I recommend this book to first of all, SCIFI lovers. This book is a must read for you. Secondly, even if you don't enjoy SCIFI books, this one will definitely pick your interest. The drama in there will get you attached to it till the end. This book is, however, most appropriate for people above the age of 16. There are some instances of profanity and graphically disturbing scenes.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”