Review by Mizrob -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mizrob
Currently Reading: Dying for Dominoes
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mizrob.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Review by Mizrob -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under...

Post by Mizrob »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is the first book of the We are Voulhire Series. It is a fantasy novel that started with the story of Galen Bray. Galen lives in the Land of the Princes where survival of the fittest is the order of the day. Everyone lived under great fear, and Galen was not exempted. But luck soon shone on him when his distant uncle he didn't know existed sent for him to come to Voulhire. Galen got to Voulhire and the place was so beautiful. Everyone live care-free without looking over their shoulders. It felt good and peaceful. What will become of Galen in this new land?

Hillport is a town in Voulhire with a mystery behind it. Lord Eldus Alderman was made the new Lord of Voulhire by King Wilhelm. When Lord Eldus Alderman and his family moved to Voulhire, he discovered there was a mystery behind the last two lords of Hillport. Will he be able to unravel the mystery? I guess you would have to find out yourself.

The setting of the book gives you that ancient European vibe where you have kingdoms going to war with other kingdoms, and the politics that goes on in these kingdoms. The book has humor in it which I enjoyed. I really loved Rowan's sense of humor and that of the old man, Mr. Lasette. The book featured a bit of magic, but I would love to see more of it in the rest of the series. The book was written in the first and third-person narrative. Galen's part was written in the first-person narrative while the rest of the story was in the third-person narrative. I love Galen and Rowan together: even though they just met, it felt like they've known each other for a long time. When Demetrius joined them, they became the perfect trio. My favorite character was Rowan because of his sense of humor; he is like that friend that is the life of the party.

I love everything about the book. There was nothing that I didn't like about the book. This is the first sci-fi/fantasy book I have read and I enjoyed it. Maybe I will venture into this genre.

The book was perfectly edited. There were a few profane words. Because I enjoyed the books so well, and I would like others to read it too, I give the book a perfect four out of four stars. I wish I could add one more star to it. Lovers of magic and adventure will find the book appealing. People that are sensitive to violence will not like the book. According to the author, Matthew Tysz, there are eight more books in this series.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ashley-Osuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-osuna.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Ashley-Osuna »

I love both fantasy and sci-fi, so I think it is great that this was your introduction into this genre. This book is great and the series looks really promising. I enjoyed reading your review!
Mizrob

Post by Mizrob »

Ashley-Osuna wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 20:09 I love both fantasy and sci-fi, so I think it is great that this was your introduction into this genre. This book is great and the series looks really promising. I enjoyed reading your review!
Thank you
NDeMeer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndemeer.html
Latest Review: Sormara The Evil Tome by Sandra L. Reel

Post by NDeMeer »

I'm definitely a fan of magic and adventure, I might just pick this book up soon. :D Looking forward to reading it. Thanks for the informative review!
Happy reading! :techie-studyingbrown:
Mizrob

Post by Mizrob »

• hi
NDeMeer wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 12:50 I'm definitely a fan of magic and adventure, I might just pick this book up soon. :D Looking forward to reading it. Thanks for the informative review!
Thanks for stopping by.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”