Review by moowshiri -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival un...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
moowshiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moowshiri.html
Latest Review: The Kings Death by Ed Cannon

Review by moowshiri -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival un...

Post by moowshiri »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is the first book in the We are Voulhire series. It mainly focuses on Galen Bray, who is a resident of the war-ravaged Lands of the Princes. He embarks on a dangerous journey to Voulhire to meet his late uncle’s executor as he is the rightful heir to his estate. Join him as he explores the Voulhirian kingdom in this thrill-packed read.

I loved Tysz’s choice to write every character’s experiences in the book, each under their chapter. It helped me have an in-depth understanding of the plot since I didn’t now have to dig information from every corner of the read for me to get the gist. It also allowed me to relate to the characters at a personal level as I could easily identify with their activities.

I also loved the author’s extensive use of dialogue throughout the book. The numerous conversations featured in the book makes reading it an engaging experience, especially when you have to change from one character’s speech to the next. As a result, I enjoyed every bit of the book.

I also learned quite a lot from the book. For instance, I learned about the negative effects of betrayal in friendship. I also learned about the need to be prepared for any situation- both good and bad- at all times. I also realized that we should invest in protecting our successes, as there will always be people seeking to bring them down.

I must also applaud Tysz for his creativity in executing the book’s plot. From the celebrations to the Rohavian invasion, he narrates every event in such a unique way that I was only left thinking that he must have witnessed them.

The book has no errors in any of its pages. It is also a conducive read for people from all religious affiliations since it doesn’t emphasize aspects of any specific faith. There are also no erotic scenes featured in the book. However, I was not too fond of the significant use of profane words throughout the storyline. Therefore, young readers should consider avoiding this book as it would erode their good morals.

I rate it a perfect 4 out of 4 stars. It is a well-authored and captivating read that deserves to be read in a single sitting. The instances of profanity didn’t hinder my reading experience in any way. I recommend it to lovers of fiction.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: Create the Life You Want by Raymond P. Gerson

Post by Ellylion »

This book is a great introduction of a brand new world Tysz creates :) Thanks for this insightful review!
moowshiri
Currently Reading:

Post by moowshiri »

Yes it's indeed a wonderful introduction into Tysz's world. Thanks for stopping by.
Ashley-Osuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-osuna.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Ashley-Osuna »

I loved this book as well, it was a great and entertaining read. It was great reading your review, so thank you!
moowshiri
Currently Reading:

Post by moowshiri »

Ashley-Osuna wrote: ↑11 Aug 2020, 20:03 I loved this book as well, it was a great and entertaining read. It was great reading your review, so thank you!
I'm glad to hear you loved it too. I'm looking forward to reading your review @Ashley Osuna . Thanks for stopping by.
Melexa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melexa.html
Latest Review: Colors of Love by Adeola Oyekola

Post by Melexa »

'We should invest in protecting our successes as there will always be people seeking to bring them down'. You are so right, not everyone is happy to see you succeed.
Thanks for the beautiful review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”