Review by OB Brian -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
OB Brian
Currently Reading: Shame Off You
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ob-brian.html
Latest Review: Tortured in Ashram by Prem Nambiar

Review by OB Brian -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

Post by OB Brian »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is an epic story of survival, politics, and conspiracy. The narration takes place in Voulhire, a vast and prosperous kingdom. A kingdom that promises peace and prosperity, but having aplenty secrets hidden within the walls of its majestic cities.

The protagonist, Galen Bray, escapes his war-torn homeland and immigrates to Magnum Caelum, a non-significant town of Voulhire. He intends to carry on his great uncle’s smithing business miles away from the gores of war, which have been a part of his life for two decades. But Voulhire is not without problems, and the rifts, which are oblivious to most of its citizens, continue to grow. Can Voulhire deliver the happy ending that Galen seeks? Will skirmishes be a fading memory to him, or will he live to see the kingdom he has grown to love take the destructive path of his homeland?

This novel, which premiers the We are Voulhire series, is pure perfection. Matthew Tysz did a superb job in creating this world, where the physical and magical realms meet. He simply describes the scenes and settings, all while invoking in the reader a vivid picture of the characters’ surroundings. Besides, the hilarity of the description and dialogues is entrancing; it compelled me to flip page after page while arousing a smile or laughter. One thing I loved most is how the author depicts the bad guys, who hide their dastardly traits in everyone’s sight, their motives being known only after the fact.

Being the first of nine books in the series, We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies focuses on introducing the characters and familiarising the reader with Voulhire, hence setting the foundation for the rest of the books in this captivating series.

There was nothing to dislike in We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies. The book is devoid of grammatical and typographical errors. Also, the English used is easy to understand. Moreover, while the book is animistic, it does not discriminate against any religion, which makes it suitable for everyone. Plus, the book contains zero erotic content. However, there is foul language, albeit in frivolous proportions.

Given the reasons mentioned above, I am inclined to give We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz four out of four stars. I recommend this enthralling novel to lovers of fantasy stories or anyone who appreciates a tale from ancient times. All in all, We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is suitable for persons of all ages, so long as reading and understanding English is a strong suit.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
jokinyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jokinyo.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by jokinyo »

The English used was simple and i enjoyed reading the book too.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”