Review by mashajos -- Amidst Alien Stars by Clayton Graham

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mashajos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mashajos.html
Latest Review: Shadow Game by A.M. Adair

Review by mashajos -- Amidst Alien Stars by Clayton Graham

Post by mashajos »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Amidst Alien Stars" by Clayton Graham.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Amidst Alien Stars by Clayton Graham is the second book in the Milijun series. It tells the story of a group of humans who were abducted and sent to live on the planet of Glieze for an alien plan of space exploration through the creation of hybrids. Primarily the story circulates around Laura and her son Jason.

I really enjoyed reading this book as it gave me a very different perspective on what another alien lifeform, as well as alien interaction, could be like. The language within this book simply made you dive into the action and comprehend every little detail of it almost instantly. The storyline is so enticing as it holds in itself the genres of mystery, adventure and sci-fi making you want to keep on reading to find out the next piece of information to put the puzzle pieces together alongside the characters.

The book, however, is the second of a series so without reading the first, some details are hard to understand but it could be read as a standalone. What I really liked, however, was the fact that each chapter was around seven pages in length so there was not an overwhelming amount to read at a time, especially when new information about either the characters or the alien world was given.

I would undoubtedly give this book a rating of 4/4 stars as it encompassed everything that I enjoy when reading a new story such as plot twists, fights, uncovered secrets and mysteries and the simple aspect of adventure. As well as that, the author did an amazing job at creating a whole world and society to the tiniest details of political standing, technology and beliefs in terms of not only social aspects but also religion.

The audience for this book is most likely teenagers and older who have an interest in the sci-fi genre as well as social issues. Overall, I really recommend this book to anyone interested in reading something unique and new.

Amidst Alien Stars
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”