Official Review: Moon Luck by Wayne Scott Harral

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Grace Bela
Currently Reading: Jesus Calling
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-bela.html
Latest Review: Moon Luck by Wayne Scott Harral

Official Review: Moon Luck by Wayne Scott Harral

Post by Grace Bela »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Moon Luck" by Wayne Scott Harral.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wayne Scott Harral tells an engaging story of a not-so-distant future in his suspenseful science fiction novel Moon Luck. He combines cutting edge technology with global politics to show the rewards and risks of sending a team of researchers into a new environment for the advancement of scientific knowledge. While each crew member on Venturous is known to be intelligent, this similarity alone can't prevent conflict between them. What initially appears to be a random explosion on the station is soon revealed to have had much more sinister motives.

The best part of this novel for me was its level of detail. Harral does a wonderful job of balancing both the science fiction and mystery genres. It is so clear that Harral, an engineer himself, researched every aspect of this novel with great care in order to make a completely believable vision for the year 2039. While some of the technology he referenced does not yet exist, his depth of knowledge vividly illustrates that it is only a matter of time before we find ourselves living in the world of Moon Luck.

Unfortunately, there were multiple errors in both grammar and punctuation that appeared throughout the novel. Misplaced commas disrupted the flow of otherwise engaging sentences. Additionally, I found it hard to connect with the characters at the start of the novel. Introducing a large cast early in the novel made it hard to keep up with the Venturous crew. While Harral did provide an index of characters, there were so many that not everyone was developed in full detail.

Even in spite of the underlying shock surrounding murder on the Moon, the intricacy and beauty of this story will certainly leave readers looking up at the sky with a renewed sense of awe. Moon Luck is a stunning vision of the Earth's future from the perspective of a host of diverse researchers living in close quarters on the Moon. Overall I rate this book with 3 out of 4 stars. The plot and level of detail were stunning, but the lack of professional editing and fully developed characters prevented me from giving it a perfect rating.

Nonetheless, I highly recommend this novel to science fiction and suspense fans of all ages. While the technical details of some of the scientific concepts and political organizations may be confusing or disinteresting to younger readers, the story is one that can be appreciated by and is appropriate for all ages. Anyone who wants to read a thrilling yet realistic story of life on the Moon should certainly take a chance on Moon Luck.

Moon Luck
View: on Bookshelves

HusainNecklace52
2019 Reading Goal: 40
Favorite Book: The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto
Currently Reading: A History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-husainnecklace52.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by HusainNecklace52 »

Your review gives a pretty good outline of the book.
I would really like to read it myself.
Thank you! :D

Chinelookeke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinelookeke.html
Latest Review: Fear Me Now by Christopher Williams

Post by Chinelookeke »

Anything technology advancement is always interesting to read and watch. It's amazing how things are being invented and life is made easier. Thanks for the review. The book is really good.

NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 162
Currently Reading: Navigating New Normal Book One Environmental Rescue
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: On the Trail of the Ruthless Warlock by Lynne Armstrong-Jones

Post by NetMassimo »

A story that can be realistic thinking about the current technological advancements. With another round of proofreading it might be excellent. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

The title and the cover of the book already gripped my attention. Thanks for the wonderful review.

Josephe-Anne
2019 Reading Goal: 6
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading: Key to Eternity
Bookshelf Size: 248
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

Despite the unfortunate global issues taking place right now, advances in technology are speeding ahead. Talk of humans living on other planets has been around for a very long time. Perhaps in the near future it will become a reality.
:stormtrooper: :saberduel2:

I will check out this book.

Thanks for your review! :mrgreen:
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann

Josephe-Anne
2019 Reading Goal: 6
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading: Key to Eternity
Bookshelf Size: 248
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

Josephe-Anne wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 14:05
Despite the unfortunate global issues taking place right now, advances in technology are speeding ahead. Talk of humans living on other planets has been around for a very long time. Perhaps in the near future it will become a reality.
:stormtrooper: :saberduel2:

I will check out this book.

Thanks for your review! :mrgreen:
Perhaps humans will live on other planets and the moon...
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann

A Y reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-y-reviews.html
Latest Review: Beyond Paris by Paul Alexander Casper

Post by A Y reviews »

Sounds like a good book. And love movies about space too.
Good review

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”