Review by Mariana Correia -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mariana Correia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-correia.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Review by Mariana Correia -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Mariana Correia »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Worldlines by Adam Guest is a book about a character named Gary who commits a crime during one lucid dream and realises that the Many Worlds theory he has been learning about in class might actually be real and that this other version of himself is being punished for a crime he didn’t actually commit.

I was half-way reading the book when I knew I was going to give it a 4 out of 4 stars. It was intense, funny and surpising. I liked it so much that I didn’t find any negative points. However, the thing I liked the most was how the author managed to make it easy to follow. With topics like this it’s easy to get confused because of the amount of worldliness/parallel universes presented but I think Adam Guest did a very good job by dividing each worldline by colours right in the beginning of the chapters, that way I was able to know right away which version of the characters I was going to encounter. I tried to explain the story to my friends but I think I wasn’t able to do it in a non-confusing way so I really have to highlight how well done it is in the book.

I am not a very scientific person and get very confused and, honestly, easily bored with scientific theories but this book made me so interested in this Many Worlds theory and dreams since I myself can recall my dreams almost every night and have had a couple of lucid dreams. Because of this, I felt very attached to the story. I don’t know if this theory is real or not but this book could easily make you believe it is and also make you question your own dreams. I really enjoyed the story and how the different worldlines interacted with each other, how endless the possibilities of the same events are and how this book made me think about it.

I wasn’t able to find any spelling mistakes so I believe it is extremely well edited which makes me even more sure of my rating decision.

The ending was nothing like what I was expecting and it made me very curious with what might happen next. I had no expectations when I chose to read this book and it was such a good surprise! I believe this book is fit for everybody since it is an extremely interesting topic that can be related to any age group, there’s no profanity and the couple sexual references are barely noticeable.

I can’t recommend this book enough. A bit out of my preferable reading genre and I don’t feel disappointed at all.

Worldlines
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”