Daughters of the Moon series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cjdyer
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cjdyer.html

Daughters of the Moon series

Post by cjdyer »

Does anyone remember the Daughters of the Moon series? I remember reading them when I was younger and I am tempted to reread them again for fun. I just remembered them being really fun and all the girls in the series were so different from each other, but they still remained friends. I always found Catty and Vanessa to be my favorites, because of their difference. Vanessa was the quiet, studious one while Catty was the artistic, fun, and outgoing type. The type I am and the type I wanted to be. But seriously, this series taught me that just because have different personalities for each other, does not mean that they cannot be close friends. They all worked hard together to make sure that each one succeed. If one of them was in trouble, the others would do everything to make sure they were alright. I really looked up to them as a kid.
jsinard42
Favorite Author: Joseph delaney
Favorite Book: The Host
Currently Reading: Revenge of the Witch
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsinard42.html
fav_author_id: 6470

Post by jsinard42 »

I remember this series and certain thing stick out in my mind, but not very much. I remember it had a unique plotline and that I could never tell what was going to happen next. I never finished the series because my school library only had the first four. My friends and I took turns reading them and then we discussed them at lunch. I think this was the first series I read with friends actually. Ah, fond memories.
yessaniareader26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yessaniareader26.html

Post by yessaniareader26 »

I remember reading those books. They each had a specific power. I liked the structure of those books as well. I can hardly remember it though. But now that you mention it i'm going to go back and read the whole series.
nowanico2403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nowanico2403.html

Post by nowanico2403 »

yes i remember these books too, i was very upset because our library at school only had books 1,2,and 5
sltaylor
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sltaylor.html

Post by sltaylor »

I remember this series. They were a wonderful read. Seeing this post makes me want to read them again! Time to go see if I still have them in the house :D
Lovely_Loreley
Favorite Author: Donita K. Paul
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 776">Light of the Oracle</a>
Currently Reading: The Blue Fairy Book
Bookshelf Size: 370
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovely-loreley.html
Latest Review: "Vanished in Berlin" by Gry Finsnes
Reading Device: B00UB76290
fav_author_id: 13786

Post by Lovely_Loreley »

Was anyone else upset that they cycled the books out of print and then only reprinted the first six?? I originally borrowed all of the books from a friend and when the first two volumes were printed I bought them immediately! But then the rest of the books weren't reprinted :( It was a total bummer.

I remember Serena being my favorite character the first time I read the books. Mostly because I wanted a pet raccoon, but also because I've always wanted to learn to play the cello as well.

I kind of wish these books were made into movies, or maybe a tv series since there are quite a few books. I'd love to see these girls brought to life :)
Latest Review: "Vanished in Berlin" by Gry Finsnes
Nany29

Post by Nany29 »

I loved these books i never finished reading the whole series because I moved a lot and the libraries never seemed to have all of them after reading them I would always be afraid of the dark thinking some bad guy might be there, how I wish I could read them again and actually finish them.
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

I loved these books! I actually just packed my copies away for my move. My mother and I read them together! All I really remember are that each girl had abilities and Catty's was time travel. And the Cold Fire was how the dark side switched people over. There was a quartet based on boys from the other side too. Not as good as the Daughters of the Moon, but a good supplemental story to explain more.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”