Review by Eddy Daniel -- The Hand Bringer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eddy Daniel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddy-daniel.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review by Eddy Daniel -- The Hand Bringer

Post by Eddy Daniel »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Hand Bringer" by Christopher J. Penington.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you want to time travel, The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington is what you need. This book is a science fiction novel with 62 amazing chapters, which takes you back in time.

Peter Hadrian, who is a Police Officer in Dallas, responds to a call which automatically changes his life. While on call, Peter is attacked by what he has never seen before. Turns out, his attacker is a vampire. As they wrestled, Peter is bitten. His friend, Luke McElroy, comes to his rescue. While they are en route to the hospital, they are taken by the military to the Apocalypse Suppression Administration, otherwise known as the ASA.

In the ASA, Peter Hadrian is genetically engineered to become the perfect anti-vampire and greatest fighting machine. With his increased strength, lightning reflexes, endurance, durability and night vision, coupled with his background in Romania, Peter is sent back in time to medieval Romania, which is believed to be the beginning of vampirism. He is tasked with finding and killing Vlad Dracula, the Impaler. The idea here is that killing Vlad Dracula will stop the vampirism from spreading, and eliminate the vampiric plague. But, there are lots of twist and more to this.

The author, Christopher J. Penington really did a number on this book. The Hand Bringer is my first read in science fiction, and it was really amazing. The book was well written, and the writer did not go out of the storyline. It had a lot of twists and turns, which made it perfect, as it increased my curiosity and kept me glued to the book.

Luke McElroy and Doctor Kolemis are my favourite and worst characters respectively. Luke has a nice sense of humor and Doctor Kolemis is too manipulative. I had this Game of Thrones feeling while reading. The fight against the vampires took me back to the fight with the army of the dead, and Peter Hadrian’s bravery and strength reminded me of Jon Snow.

The book was properly edited, as I had no problem while reading and no error was found. No profane words were used, to the best of my knowledge. The book also contains mild erotic scenes, which I would not recommend to young readers out there. I loved everything about the book. Based on this, I am rating it 4 out of 4 stars. It is a good read which I am recommending to everyone, especially science fiction lovers out there.

The Hand Bringer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”