Review by Carol-Anne Trollip -- The Hand Bringer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Carol-Anne Trollip
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carol-anne-trollip.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Review by Carol-Anne Trollip -- The Hand Bringer

Post by Carol-Anne Trollip »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Hand Bringer" by Christopher J. Penington.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington.

From the pen of author Christopher J. Penington, comes the novel The Hand Bringer. This science fiction novel crosses historical borders in the good old time travel fashion and antiquated Dracula has been added in for riveting pleasure! The Hand Bringer consists of all the necessary elements needed to make this novel truly magnificent. Mr. Penington superbly blended some of those elements to beautifully come together without disturbing the storyline. The most fabulous blends whould be fact and fiction, past and present, and love and conflict. Other authors do blend elements together as well but I am yet to find an author who has the natural ability to do it as effortlessly and as glamorously as Mr. Penington did in The Hand Bringer. If there is a new author to get excited about, it is Christopher J. Penington. His brilliant descriptions and details of things are extremely satisfying. Needless to say, Mr. Penington's writing style is one of superb quality.

Calling The Hand Bringer a page-turner is an absolute luke warm attempt to describe this grand novel. On the contrary words such as gripping, addictive, phenomenal and riveting comes to mind. I love this novel for the way old world charm and grandeur marries fantastical futurism. And let me tell you, it is indeed a blissful union! This extremely fascinating science fiction novel has proven to be an uniquely written work of art. The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington consumed my mind, hours reading seemed like minutes. The world around me faded into the background and it was only The Hand Bringer and myself. Sci-fi bliss with a twist at it's best!

I found the storyline to be absolutely fantastic. The main character, Peter Hadrian, grew on me swifter than moss grows on a rock. Peter is a Dallas street cop and although that is perfectly normal there is one thing that isn't; Peter has inconceivable connection to Romanian Gothic days of yore. The tale really begins when Peter accepts a treacherous mission that sees him and several other characters traveling back to ancient Romania. Their task is to exterminate evil forces that present a multitude of threats to present-day humans. Interestingly Peter's reason or rather motivation to take on such an impossible mission so absurdly dangerous stems from his desperation to find his son whom has disappeared under mysterious circumstances. Tragically this is not the only dreadful concern weighing heavily on his shoulders as his wife gets murdered to thicken the plot. No time to crumble, Peter is hell-bent on doing what he needs to do. At a secret military base where he stays he meets a very mysterious woman. Not forgetting to mention that she was beautiful. From then on things gets heated up in more ways than one..

I would like to indicate that The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington, although excellent, does contain profanity and violence that is very descriptive. The novel also contains encounters that are sexual of nature. Needless to say, The Hand Bringer is not suitable for sensitive or young readers. The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington will rather appeal to adult readers who love historical adventures with a sci-fi twist who don't mind profanities etc.

The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington has been proofread and clearly undergone thorough and superior editing. Unlike Mr. Penington's novel Masters and Bastards, which I found to contain a grammatical error right in the beginning of the novel, The Hand Bringer is free if such troubles. It is then my humble opinion that The Hand Bringer by the magnificent new author Christopher J. Penington is a novel of splendor and so deserves accolades of highest note. However small my note may be, I rate The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington a appropriate 4 out of 4 stars. Mr. Penington has an incredible imagination, second to none and as a new author he is rather astonishing. With The Hand Bringer Mr. Penington has reached a very superior level of downright brilliance. Bravo Mr. Penington! I do hope you pen down many more novels for your greedy fans to devour!

The Hand Bringer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

I liked Peter’s character. The stories about vampires and time travel were good too. Nice review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”