Review by MwachiaJ -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MwachiaJ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwachiaj.html
Latest Review: Sandra Eden's War by Michael Low

Review by MwachiaJ -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by MwachiaJ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Worldlines is an interesting science fiction book written by Adam Guest. The book mainly centers on Gary Jackson and his different experiences in different worldlines where he exists. In the first worldline, Gary is almost run over by a lorry but succeeds in getting out of its way right in time. He falls in love with an old friend, Michelle, and they even plan on moving in together.

In the other worldline, the lorry hits Gary and he sustains serious injuries. He asks Michelle to be his girlfriend, but due to his injuries, Michelle declines. Another friend, Sinead, becomes his girlfriend, and he later proposes to her. He starts hating Michelle because she turned him down. One day Gary dreams about murdering Michelle during Sinead's birthday party. Surprisingly, Sinead's mother, who suffers from vascular dementia, mentions this to him when he pays her a visit at the hospital. Meanwhile, in the first worldline, Gary is arrested for allegedly killing Michelle.

This book has taken me through very interesting twists in its plot that kept me digging for more. Adam Guest had a way with words in this book that makes it easily comprehensible. The way he describes the outcomes in the worldlines Gary existed made me almost believe the many worlds theory the book talks about. The author takes his time to give a clear picture of Gary's dream, its outcome in a different worldline, and its impacts. What is even more interesting is the transition between scenes in the different worldlines of Gary existence. This makes the flow of the story smooth and captivating.

The only part I disliked was how the graphic nature depicted in Gary's dream happen to be a reality in some other worldline. I wish the author had picked a less graphic outcome. All in all, the book is a nice work of fiction, and once you start reading it, it becomes difficult to stop.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This is because the book uses an easy-to-understand language and seems to have gone through good editing. It lacks any form of error or mistake. The style the author uses, apart from being easily readable, makes the book more comprehensible. He makes the book more unique by giving a unique identity to each worldline in their respective chapters. Finally, this book is captivating with its interesting plot and the writing style used.

Worldlines is an ideal book to any ardent fan of science fiction books. The book has some graphic scenes, so I do not recommend it to anyone under the age of sixteen years.

Worldlines
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”