Review by cvetelina_yovcheva87 -- Korian

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cvetelina_yovcheva87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cvetelina-yovcheva87.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Review by cvetelina_yovcheva87 -- Korian

Post by cvetelina_yovcheva87 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Korian" by Giorgio Garofalo.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Korian is an amazing fantasy novel by Giorgio Garofalo. I had the wonderful opportunity to read the first book of the sequence, named The Manian’s Spear, and I am looking forward to reading the other books as well. I thoroughly indulged in the magnificent world created by the author’s limitless and impressive imagination.

The novel follows several storylines that ultimately unite. The first storyline presents the touching story of a gifted boy, Doric, and his strong relationship with his father, Seth. The boy possesses magic powers, and this makes him live as an outcast in his society. Doric is one of the chosen huntsmen that have to save their planet, Endura, from the approaching evil forces. Unfortunately, the boy becomes a prisoner of the evil leader and has to spend a great part of his life subjected to various tortures.

The other storyline presents the adventures of Will and his mentor Padron. Their adventures contributed to increasing the tension, and the scene of Padron’s death is one of the most touching ones in the novel. The third storyline presents the adventures of Korian. He is predetermined to commit great deeds, but the challenges he meets almost deprive him of hope for the future. It is the love for a girl, Sara, which gives him the strength to fulfill his mission.

The novel is full of strange and fearsome creatures. The author describes them in a convincing way. However, Korian is not simply a fantasy novel, but it raises important moral issues. It can be accepted as a psychological novel about duty, values, and readiness to sacrifice yourself in the name of your ideals.

I enjoyed every page of the book. I do not have a favorite part, as every single page managed to keep my attention. However, the only drawback of the novel is its abundance of characters. I found it difficult to remember their names and their roles in the storyline.

I rate this novel 4 out of 4 stars as it is a really magnificent read. I am not a great lover of fantasy novels, but this book grabbed my attention. I think it is a suitable read for all fantasy lovers, no matter what their age is. On the other hand, people who prefer more realistic works should look for something else to read. The novel, as a whole, was professionally edited, and I did not notice any typos.

Korian
View: on Bookshelves
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

Some times fantasy books do tend to have too many characters. It's why some of the longer ones I avoid. I easily become confused with too many characters. Great review!
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”