Review by luchi123 -- The Hand Bringer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
luchi123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchi123.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Review by luchi123 -- The Hand Bringer

Post by luchi123 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Hand Bringer" by Christopher J. Penington.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Peter Hadrian mysteriously survived an attack by a vampire. This was because he had anti- vampirism traits in his blood. This attracted the attention of a vampirism research agency, ASA. Hence, a proposal was made for Peter to go back in time to 1476 in Romania where vampirism was said to begin and kill the first and the most powerful vampires, Deycheaba and Vlad Dracula to stop the transmission of vampirism among human beings in the present age. He was to go with Luke McElroy his professional colleague, Dr. Lewis, and Matthew a security personnel with the government. However, Kolemis the scientist in charge of the experiment had ulterior motives and arranged to be transported back in time also, which was against the initial agreement. In return, Peter was to receive his little son Stephen, who was lost. The experience during and after the journey is what makes up the plot of the book, The Hand Bringer[/i ].

I liked the relationship between some characters’ actions and Christianity. For instance, the prophecy by Iona, the old man that even if the Sabia de Senge [/i ] sword wasn’t available if sufficient faith could be mustered, the same impact would be achieved while fighting with other means. Hence, when the sword was thrown away by a vampire. Another instance was when a vampire yanked the crucifix Matthew wore off his neck. This was because he only wore it just as his colleague Boravic always did while fighting. He had no experience of the power behind the crucifix.

However, I didn’t understand many things about Boriana, such as how she was found and captured by the ASA team before Peter’s journey. Did she fall through the portal at one time or was it during a fight with someone? Also if she was the young lady that Peter encountered when he was a boy, how was it possible that she wasn’t looking old when he became a man and met her again since she was also human. I also didn’t understand the meaning of the name ‘The Hand Bringer’ which Peter was called by the vampires.

I would rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I think the author, Christopher J. Penington did a very good job. The book was edited professionally and is filled with suspense.

The book will be liked by people who enjoy movies about vampires and read books about them. However, I would not recommend it to people who do not like such.

The Hand Bringer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

I enjoyed this movie-like book much. It was exciting to read. Thank you for your rating and review!
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

I enjoyed this movie-like book much. It was exciting to read. Thank you for your rating and review!
Tonika632
Currently Reading: White Night
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonika632.html
Latest Review: Chemicals and Christians by Martha McLaughlin

Post by Tonika632 »

I agree with you rating. The author made an original story about vampires. Great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”