Official Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Atieno Magero
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Re: Official Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Atieno Magero »

Great review! The story's plot seems very interesting but I'm not sure I'd be able to keep up with all the timelines.
Oliver Lugard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Oliver Lugard »

I Read this book and I agreed with your Assessment. In fact Everything about this book Is Greatly. Adam May God bless Your Talent. And May You be a Blessing to Your Country and Beyond. Keep it Up..! I wish you Long life and Good Luck
Harshinittu
Currently Reading: America Dies - When Based Upon Lies
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Harshinittu »

WORLDLINES By Adam Guest.

First of all I am just an ordinary student who loves science fictional stories
And this book is one of my favourite now.
The author has written in a very relatable manner.
I was able to relate to the story and the situation written within.
The questions written like “ what if there is a reason for that.” “What if the life isn’t too short.” “What if it is infinite.” These we’re the question which would relate to the readers
Because everyone of us might have raised such questions already.

I was able to imagine the whole story narrated by the author, I was completely being related. And the questions asked by the physics teacher made me even more curious to know what is written next and what he wants to explain.
The conversation written was very interesting and made us more curious to read more.
And the story was very interesting which kept me reading without a pause.

One thing which I dislike is, there was a very deep description of the scenario which i felt boring while reading. But the interesting conversation between the characters made it interesting to read further.

But overall I can say it was a very interesting book to read, and I am sure most of them would definitely relate to the story while reading it and would be able to imagine the whole scenario while reading it.
I would definitely suggest this book to sci-fi lover
Would enjoy reading the book!
hellen gibson 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hellen-gibson-1.html
Latest Review: Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler

Post by hellen gibson 1 »

The thought of somebody else controlling one's body is interesting. Am not sure though if I would enjoy this read. From the review, this sounds like a horror book.
trishia casas
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by trishia casas »

The story was so good and it also out of curiosity it has a good plot twist that every reader will enjoy :D :D :D
LYDIA KINYANJUI
Currently Reading: The Bright One of the Skillful Hand
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lydia-kinyanjui.html
Latest Review: God's Plan For Your Future by David Charles Cole
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by LYDIA KINYANJUI »

I read this book and I agree with your review. The repetition got boring at some point buts it is a really good book to read.
Karishma Sivnath
Favorite Book: Unexpected Enemy
Currently Reading: Walking Disaster
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karishma-sivnath.html
Latest Review: Unexpected Enemy by Tim Cagle

Post by Karishma Sivnath »

Sounds like a very interesting book. I like that the author made it easy to distinguish between the different versions of Gary as I'm sure that would have made it easier to read.
Winifred Nelson

Post by Winifred Nelson »

When I browse this book I additionally enjoyed the concept of the multiverses and the way the author explains it. It' a motivating book. I white-haired it! Thanks for the nice review!
archana_28__
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by archana_28__ »

I love these kind of books that involves a fantasy twist. It sounds fascinating with the mix of multiverse into fiction. Looking forward to read it. Thanks for the great review.
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Chipochashe wrote: 30 Apr 2020, 18:14 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Gary commits murder whilst lucid dreaming. At first, Gary thinks that this is a harmless dream, but then his girlfriend’s mother, Mary, who is suffering from dementia claims to have seen him committing this heinous crime. So what if his dream was not a dream after all? What if he has indeed killed someone, just not in the worldline that he is living in? What if another version of him is rotting in jail for a crime he did not commit? Gary seeks the help of a physics professor to try and figure out a plausible explanation. Is there any explanation at all and can it be proven? This is the story of Worldlines written by Adam Guest.

Adam bases his story on the multiverse theory. In this case, one instance of Gary in another worldline takes control of another instance of himself who is in a different worldline and unintentionally commits a crime that the other instance of Gary will now have to pay for. The author did a good job of making it clear which Gary was narrating at any point in time. All the different Garys narrate in the first person, so the reader is privy to their thoughts.

What I enjoyed most about the book was the theory of many worldlines itself. It is not something I believe in, but it did make for interesting fiction. If that theory were true, then, in essence, we have no character, because at any point all instances of the choice we could make will happen anyway even if it is in another worldline. It was interesting though to imagine what I would do if someone else took control of my body and committed a crime. I would have no memory of it and I would be confident that I would never do such a thing under any circumstances. So how would I go about proving myself innocent?

I disliked the repetition. Following the different instances of Gary in different worldlines necessitated the repetition of certain scenes to show how they produced a different outcome. Other than that the book is well-written and has been professionally edited. The book was reviewed before, but a star was dropped due to poor editing. I am happy to say that the author took the advice seriously and had the book thoroughly edited. I did not find any errors. I did not encounter any profane language and there were no explicit erotic scenes.

I enjoyed the plot. The idea is quite intriguing. I do not think the repetition is avoidable. Since the story is interesting and the book has been edited professionally, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I think it will appeal most to people with a scientific mind. If you enjoy science fiction with a fantasy twist, this book is for you.

Worldlines
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Excellent review!!
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

I hope and wish the author was clinical in narrating the actions of the Garys' in their respective worlds? Anyways, on the overall, the concept of "Multiverse" makes the book very tempting for me to read.
Saron GT 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saron-gt-1.html
Latest Review: Hemingway's Daughter by Christine M. Whitehead

Post by Saron GT 1 »

Definitely a must-read for me. Multiverse theories are by far the most entertaining, in my opinion. Guest appears to have taken a less common approach by having multiple Garys narrate the story. Thank you for your honest review, frankly, I don't think I will mind the repetition, especially when it comes to a complex storyline. :lol:
mohamed benziane
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mohamed-benziane.html
Latest Review: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life by Lewis Kempfer
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by mohamed benziane »

this book was definitely a good read, how the universes collide and a person can commit an act of murder in the other persona's world is fascinating, Imagine if that was actually true, life would be a lot more interesting :lol:
RAGHAV MUKHIJA

Post by RAGHAV MUKHIJA »

It is very amazing book .I like it very much and And I read it daily .Moreover it hass many new vocabulary words .It enhances our knowledwge.I want to say that people should read this book
Shefali Rawat
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Shefali Rawat »

The review highlights the essence of the book. This book will pique the interest of any person who is fascinated by the theory of a parallel universe. The storyline is fascinating and keeps you engrossed. It really needs all your attention for the shifts in the character.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”