Review by Claudius1964 -- Project Tau by Jude Austin

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Claudius1964
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claudius1964.html
Latest Review: Beyond Cloud Nine (Beyond Saga Book 1) by Greg Spry

Review by Claudius1964 -- Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Claudius1964 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Project Tau" by Jude Austin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I have the unique pleasure of reviewing Project Tau by Jude Austin. This science fiction work kept me engaged from beginning to end. We find Kalin Taylor, a university student trying to make a life for himself instead of the bookish existence you can expect from what I relate to as a geek, nerd, etc. Kalin is just trying to fit in or even to gain popularity by joining a fraternity. As a challenge by the fraternity leaders he is to gain a photograph of a famous experiment “Project Tau”, where he fails miserably trying to get a picture of it. Is caught by the security guards at the GenTech corporation. I found the excitement build early in the book.

As a punishment, the corporation makes him sign a form that he would agree to undergo testing as retribution. GenTech puts him through more than he bargained for. They put him through body modifications, the power-hungry powers that be put him through numerous tortures that Project Tau had been enduring long enough to engage Project Tau to understand that this is immorally wrong. I found myself feeling sad for the projects yet there is this sense that they are gaining advantages that would help them to overcome what is being done to them.

Together, Project Tau (the non-human project) and Project Kata (the human project) combine their resources to set things straight after all of the torture that they endured from the corporate scientists involved in their training. With the corporate-granted abilities the projects gain, and the technical know-how that Project Kata (Kalin Taylor) came in with, they manage to start a revolution within the organization. Project Kata writes code to put a virus into the mainframe, denying company administrators access to data-files, and configuration information, various attacks on the computer system prove to be the company’s downfall.

I gave this book 4 out of 4 stars because I like the contrast between human and non-human cooperation that engages to stop the power-hungry corporate types, and the out-right revenge that the project pours out with righteous indignation. The mere suggestion that a corporation would engage in the exploitation of a human-being vs. a non-human-being (robot) it makes one wonder how the non-human-being gained an emotional sense to what it had to endure. I was very impressed with this work, as it was very much engaging to read, and was error-free grammatically. I look forward to further books that Jude Austin will be putting out in the future.

Project Tau
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”