Onyx a lux novel Jennifer l. Armentrout

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nicole-in-wonderland
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicole-in-wonderland.html

Onyx a lux novel Jennifer l. Armentrout

Post by Nicole-in-wonderland »

Wowza, just when you think Daemon couldn't get more swoon-worthy Jennifer l. Armmentrout goes into vivid detail of one of Daemon and Kats makeout sessions! Hey I'm definitely not complaining! I love the twist of events that go on in this 2nd book in the series, it really leaves you shocked and awed in a couple different parts where you weren't expecting "that" to happen!! This is a great series I've come to find out, in the beginning I wasn't so big on the let's read on alone book idea but then I couldn't put them down once I started! It's not your typical boy likes girl and girl likes boy scenario which I find refreshing because there is a bit of resistance going on and it's not so predictable! Perfect book for keeping you up so you are reading when you should be sleeping haha! Starting the next in the series Opal now can't wait to find put what happens next!

-- 18 Jul 2013, 21:58 --

*alien book
Hans08
Currently Reading: Onyx
Bookshelf Size: 688
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hans08.html
Latest Review: "Ghost Girl" by Stephen Hazlett

Post by Hans08 »

Though I've read Oblivion and Onyx back to back, a definite improvement was not hard to miss. It's like having a meal. Oblivion is the appetizer while Onyx is the main course. It's three times better than Oblivion for sure. More happenings, more character development and more addicting.

Honestly, I did not expect to like the series as much as I did. Heck, I thought I was only reading Oblivion, but it turned out I've downloaded two ebooks in one. Once I started I couldn't stop. It's like reading Twilight over again, but reading a better version, replace vampires with aliens and annoying whining characters with less creepy and less boy-crazy characters.

I love how the author wrote it in the lead hero's character instead of the usual heroine point of view as it's a lot funnier. I also love Jennifer Armentrout's writing style. It's simple and direct to the point. She writes like a pencil sketch instead of a full colored painting. Letting the reader fill in the blanks with whatever color you want as long as you see the picture she wants you to see. Others might call it lazy, but I myself prefer the not so descriptive style of hers. I've read books that are pages of description and it gets too dragging. With her writing style, the readers will have a hard time not flicking the next page.

As far as storyline is concerned, I wouldn't say it was anything amazing or original, but it wasn't that bad. Mostly I keep on reading because of the attachment to the characters. It's a 3.5 out of 5. I'll definitely read the other books in the series.
Latest Review: "Ghost Girl" by Stephen Hazlett
Readilyjoy
Favorite Author: TOOO MANY TO NAME
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Readilyjoy »

OMG I JUST READ THIS BOOK THIS MONTH AND I JUST COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EYES

I lovvvveedddddd this book and i can't wait to pick up the next books in the series

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVVVVEEEEDDD IT

The romance is unbelievable and soooo cutteeeeee

#RELATIONSHIPGOALS

The main male character is to die for ---- LITERALLY

you will loveeeee all.....almost ALL THE CHARACTERS

AND I PROMISE YOU THAT YOU WILL BE JUMPING LIKE A MEXICAN JELLY BEAN IN EVERY PAGE OF THIS BOOK

Hugs and kisses
I wish you the best of luck
-READILYJOY
KNewton
Favorite Author: Not possible to list
Favorite Book: Not possible to list
Currently Reading: A Bone To Pick (Aurora Teagarden, #2)
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-knewton.html

Post by KNewton »

I really enjoyed these books!!! I was totally surprised as I thought I'd hate them! I still need to read the last book and the newest one. I'm glad to see others on here appreciate them.
[*]How Fear of the Unknown Hinders the Development of Informed Decisions by Dr. Seuss[*][/color]
Toshia
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 912">First Grave on the Right</a>
Bookshelf Size: 513
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toshia.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly

Post by Toshia »

These books... Amazing. I mean, come on?!? Daemon is a complete fictional snack that I will remember for a very long time.
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly
Kaitlynpoole96
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Kaitlynpoole96 »

I loved this series. I was a bit put off by how many books there were. But they go so far into it. From highschool to college. A beautiful story.

Though I dont know which came first: The Divisa Series, or The Lux Series. Either way; Im cool with hot aliens and hot demons.

I loved the books overall. There were just a few things that bugged me. (Spoiler alert. Dont read this if you havent read the books)

For one, I felt like she ran out of ideas so she was just like "f*ck it. Ill throw an alien invasion in there too". Now I can understand the government guinea pig part and area 51. But then she threw that curveball and I was just like "theres no way this can end happy". But guess what? Yup. Only in ya fantasy books. Like everything up until that point seemed a little realistic. Like it is possible to escape the goverment. It is not possible to escape an alien imvasion on earth. But sonehow they do. They go through all that together and BAM! Damon gets shot with a gun that kills his kind. And at that point, the book was extremely predictable.

She did do an amazing job with the love story though. I love the books where the hot guy goes from hating her to having such raw passion for her. She didnt make it too corny which is extremely difficult to do. She also didnt focus too much on damon and katy which is just as important. No one wants to sit there and read "i love you; i cantlive without you"over and over again.

Both this and the divisa series are easy to get lost in. She does an amazing job with the setting and characters, i rewlly feel like Im there when I reread them. And I do, occasioanlly. All in all, you should defintely read these books. Especially is books are your escape from reality like they are mine
cc_oreos1521
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by cc_oreos1521 »

The romance aspect of this story gives me goosebumps! Katy and Daemon's is so tense throughout the beginning, it makes you want to tell them to just go for it! Daemon is a man one can only hope is real. Armentrout takes every girls' fantasy and puts an amazing spin on it, but takes it slower than most. Daemon shows no caring towards Katy at first, making the reader hunger for his affection themselves! I would recommend the Lux to everyone, it is an amazing read.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”