Review by Chaely Cruz -- Containment Breach

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chaely Cruz
Currently Reading: Post-Cold -War International Law and Relations
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chaely-cruz.html
Latest Review: Zara Hanson & The Mystery of the Painted Symbol by J.L. Haynes

Review by Chaely Cruz -- Containment Breach

Post by Chaely Cruz »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Containment Breach" by Wm. A. Yandell.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In dealing with problems, an individual must maintain an open perspective and a logical mind most especially when coming from a scientific background. However, in the face of a life and death situation, it becomes a challenge to accomplish such action. This is what the book entitled Containment Breach written by Wm. A. Yandell portrays.

The story of Containment Breach was told from the point of view Dr. Walter Smithton, a renowned scientist that created a species called the Zayan. This new life form was inspired after the Creatures made by Demetrius Zayack that served as a role model for Dr. Smithton. These Creatures were contained in a space station after Zayack mysteriously disappeared. When the Creatures started killing humans and a breach on the station occurred, Dr. Smithton together with three other scientists namely Jack, Marcie, and Steve were tasked with the mission to eradicate them. Given little background information and no choice at all to decline, problems arose for the group most especially when an underlying animosity was brewing between the General of the World Alliance forces, and Bush, the Director of Security Division. Caught in between the line of fire, the scientists struggled in forming a viable solution and slowly discovered the events and truths that transpired before that caused the Creatures to hate humans.

What I loved most about the book was the plot itself. For someone who has an interest in the field of research and development, I enjoyed reading the story and found it hard to take a break because I was constantly curious on what would happen next. I also liked the way the characters were portrayed. Each had their own personality quirks, strengths, and weaknesses that made them more human. In addition to this, I was given a glimpse of their thoughts on what urged them to make their decisions throughout the story. With these, I was able to better understand the characters and follow the events of the plot.

The only thing I disliked about the book was the formatting. There were no chapter numbers that can serve as a marker for easier tracking. The scenes in the book were cut using a dotted line. I used the page numbers as a guide of where I left off. There was nothing I disliked in terms of the plot, the characters, and the writing style. I consider the book well-written and well-edited since there were no errors.

I am happy to give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars because of the dynamic characters and unique story. For people who are sensitive to violence, I would not recommend this book. As for individuals with an interest in science, research and space, I highly recommend to give this book a read.

Containment Breach
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Damis Seres Rodriguez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damis-seres-rodriguez.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Damis Seres Rodriguez »

Great review! Do you think that writing in present tense was a good choice?
Maconstewart
Favorite Book: East Wind, 2nd edition
Currently Reading: Black Beach
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maconstewart.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Maconstewart »

Great review! The story does sound unique. As a lover of science and space, I will definitely give this one a read.
Lisa

My greatest accomplishment is that I raised two daughters that love to read.
:techie-reference: :techie-reference:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”