Review by kmittag67 -- Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga boo...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kmittag67
Favorite Author: Jim Butcher
Favorite Book: Killing Abel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kmittag67.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 2907

Review by kmittag67 -- Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga boo...

Post by kmittag67 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Solaris Seethes by Janet McNulty is the first book of the Solaris Saga. This action-filled sci-fi fantasy is an enjoyable reading experience.

Rynah, skin the color of light lavender and emerald-colored hair, lives in a futuristic world on the planet of Lanyr. As multiple explosions happen throughout the planet, Rynah escapes from Lanyr’s devastation, but not before discovering her fiance is responsible for the planet’s demise. In her grandfather’s fifty-year-old spaceship, she departs from the ruined planet. Saddened by the betrayal of Klanor, she silently vows her revenge.

Rynah realizes she must rely on an archaic prophecy to stop Klanor from his deadly plans. He has one crystal and needs five more to fulfill the legendary myth. If he obtains the unique crystals, they become a weapon that can destroy and create. They will give him the power to destroy solar systems and establish his own empire.

The four unlikely heroes come from the planet Earth, a planet that Rynah’s race deemed worthless. They are from various periods of time and have never been on a spaceship or traveled in space. The legend declares the prophetic heroes as the warrior of nobility, a philosopher, an inventor, and the one who loves when all is lost.

The heroes are transported to the spaceship and forced into circumstances they could never imagine. They are bewildered and confused in an unknown environment with the technology they have never seen. Realizing they must accomplish whatever is necessary to save their planet and the universe, they agree to help Rynah.

I was captivated by the descriptions of the planets Rynah and her companions traveled to in search of the crystals. One planet was described as having beautiful and vibrant plants so astutely that I clearly pictured the scene in my mind. Another planet is skillfully described by the author with its arctic-like environment of ice and snowy mounds.

I enjoyed everything about this novel. I was thoroughly delighted with the heroes’ characters. Janet McNulty adeptly portrays the characters with realistic personalities. Her characterization is awesome. The warrior, the philosopher, the inventor, and the one who loves, were all brought to life by the author’s imagery.

There is nothing that I dislike about this novel. There is no profanity or suggestive content, and it is well-edited. I gladly give Solaris Seethes by Janet McNulty a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. Although Solaris Seethes is geared for young adults, I believe sci-fi fans of all ages will enjoy this novel.

Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
Anyone who has time to clean is not reading nearly enough :wink:
TeacherLynn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherlynn.html
Latest Review: As Far As You Can by David A. Fiensy

Post by TeacherLynn »

This sounds like a great book. The descriptions of the planets seem gorgeous!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”