What is the best vampire book/series you've read lately?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
RavelleWriter
Currently Reading: Fated for Sanchez
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Re: What is the best vampire book/series you've read lately?

Post by RavelleWriter »

Last December I read and reviewed for my blog A Vampire's Christmas Carol by Cynthia Eden. It was a novella. I don't read a lot of vampire books but I was drawn to the Christmas theme of reforming vampire which was nicely done. I'd like to read Bella Forrest's A Shade of Vampire series though different books in the series get quite mixed reviews. Anyone read books in this series?
momra
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by momra »

The recent vampire books I have read were vampires in America series by d.b. Reynolds and It was amazing
Mbogue3
Currently Reading: The Choice
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbogue3.html

Post by Mbogue3 »

The Twilight Saga is one of my only fall back series. I never intended on reading the books but after watching the movies (and loving them), I had to read the books! Everyone knows that books are always better than movies! This most definitely proves to be true in this case.
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward is my vampire series of late. I have enjoyed all the characters and the world of the brotherhood in their fight for survival against the Lessening Society, a fanatical group out to destroy the vampire species. Ward follows each warrior of the brotherhood as they battle for life, love, and each other. I have found the characters all have depth. The males are powerful, self-assured, and drop-dead sexy while their females are head strong and worthy of the devotion of their mates. Ward creates an engaging and action-packed series that does not fail to entertain. The sexual tension and ultimate consummation between warrior and true mate satisfies those looking for romance, eroticism, and a just plain good read.
rockymountain24
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rockymountain24.html

Post by rockymountain24 »

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell has a vampire/vampires in it--although it's not necessarily about vampires itself. It's a really good book and definitely one of my new favorites otherwise! It also made me like vampires more than I thought I ever would...
Sabreana
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabreana.html

Post by Sabreana »

One of the better Vampire series that I've read lately is the House of Night series. It is intended for a younger audience but I started reading it when I was in high school and its really good. I also just started a new series Pax Arcana. I have only read the first book so far, it was amazing, really great characters and story line. I cannot wait to read the next book in the series.
Caprice
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caprice.html

Post by Caprice »

My favorite vampire series is and will always be the Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward. :twisted2: I love that her vampires don't prey on humans, but the best reason I love them is how these big bad warriors fall in love and bond with one female and she has complete control over them. My favorite character is Rhage, but I have a thing for ripped blondes! Plus, who wouldn't love a huge vampire who has a pet Dragon? I especially love her newest book The Beast where he and Mary are drifting apart because she can't have children. Not that I'm happy that they aren't as close as they once were, but because it lets you see how "human" the warriors are. In case anyone hasn't read it and is reading this, I won't tell how they resolve this issue, but let's just say it's a terrific idea. Plus I love how not only Rhage, but also his dragon won't hurt Mary and how the beast acts like a puppy around her.

I also really enjoyed the first book of her newest series "The Black Dagger Legacy." It introduces a new cast of characters, in the form of the new class of trainees, while also letting us see what's going on with the characters from the original series.

I'm an avid reader, but these are some of my favorite books. I read them several times a year.
VFitz
Currently Reading: Crime and Punishment
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vfitz.html

Post by VFitz »

I agree that nothing is better than Dracula by Bram Stoker, but for light reading I've enjoyed A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest. Very reminiscent of Twilight but I like the main heroine, Sofia, better than Bella Swan.
fari30
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fari30.html

Post by fari30 »

The Blood of Eden trilogy by Julia Kagawa was pretty great and I've heard that even if you didn't care for her Fey series, Blood of Eden can still be very enjoyable. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black was pretty great too.
My weekend is all booked!
bookworm68
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm68.html

Post by bookworm68 »

Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J R Ward

-- 09 Aug 2016, 17:57 --

I also recommend Lara Adrian's - Midnight Breed Series. Unstoppable, page turning excellent read. Sometimes graphic but
great story line
BrittanyShannon

Post by BrittanyShannon »

I liked the Charming Books. Not sure how many are out now, but I now at least two. By Elliot James. They're fantasy, so all fantasy elements including vampires. I found then funny and entertaining. More adult.
Joy V Smith
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Joy V Smith »

Carpe Jugulum by Terry Pratchett.
BlackRose
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackrose.html

Post by BlackRose »

After reading almost every vampire-themed book I could find. I can honestly say Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series is my top list. Nix is the best. The IAD world and characters are just amazing. And now it has a spin-off series too.
3pinkbutterfly

Post by 3pinkbutterfly »

Lynsay Sands Argeneau series would be my favorite Vampire story of all time. She mixes science with Myth to give you the vampires we supposedly have today. This series combines Romance, Fantasy, and science fiction in such a way that it all seems like it could be plausible. So far there is 24 book in the series and each features a different couple. You do see some of the characters from previous books and that helps to draw you more into the series.
lily_kh87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-kh87.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by lily_kh87 »

PerksofReading wrote:The Vampire Diaries Series.
I'm interested in reading this series. Is it better than the TV show?

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”