What is the best vampire book/series you've read lately?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Re: What is the best vampire book/series you've read lately?

Post by Manang Muyang »

I don't have an arsenal of vampire books but I read Salem's Lot too and found it frightening (Stephen King at work!) I don't really seek the vampires but would be willing to be sucked in when the opportunity presents itself.

-- 08 May 2017, 21:17 --

I don't have an arsenal of vampire books but I read Salem's Lot too and found it frightening (Stephen King at work!) I don't really seek the vampires but would be willing to be sucked in when the opportunity presents itself.
AlexandriaTheGreat
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by AlexandriaTheGreat »

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
It has six books and its awesome
HarleyQuinn2016
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harleyquinn2016.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by HarleyQuinn2016 »

I have read a lot of vampire books. However, my three favorite series so far are as follows:
Christine Feehan-Dark Series I started this series in the middle. However, have read all but the last couple of books. If you start from the beginning, the series starts slow but picks up. Recommended reading in order.
Sherrilyn Kenyon-The Dark Hunter Series. This series contains a lot of Greek Mythology. Also, she has a series, Chronicles of Nick, which is directed at young adults and teenagers. Great series to read with your kids.
Lyndsay Sands- Argeneau Series. This series is about a group of vampire or "immortal" hunters, who work to enforce their laws to keep their identities secret.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Booklover123321
Currently Reading: Drop of Doubt (The Ghost Bird, #5)
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Booklover123321 »

The diary of a vampeen
amcanelly3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amcanelly3.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by amcanelly3 »

I've read and reread the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Novel series at least five times and that has fifteen books in it I believe. It is for an adult audience--Anita Blake, necromancer, and later on US Marshall as a vampire executioner ends up wondering if she's become like the very monsters she hunts. It has vampires, shapeshifters, demons and witches throughout in a very modern setting. The later books aren't as good but I still read the whole series.
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

I really like Thirst by Christopher Pike. It has a cool take on immortality and an interesting technique/ theory of turning human again.
jessicam0119
Currently Reading: Yesterday
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessicam0119.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by jessicam0119 »

The Black Dagger Brotherhood is by far my favorite. It's got romance, adventure, mystery and suspense all wrapped up in 7 ft of male vampire.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
cuteadorable
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by cuteadorable »

The latest Vampire series I've read is Kissing Coffins by Ellen Schreiber. It is very enticing and romantic. The more you read the more you are at the edge of your seat. When i was reading it all i wanted to do was continue to read all 8 books. I have yet to still finish the last one, but i am going to re-read them all and enjoy every moment of it. I highly recommend this series to anyone who loves vampire novels/ love stories.
chrissie32726
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by chrissie32726 »

I have been non stop with the shades of a vampire series. Page after page getting more drawn in. Its a must read if you liked twilight you willove this series too.
Danielpeace

Post by Danielpeace »

The best fantasy series I have read is Anna strong chronicles by Jeanne c. stein. The dual species of vampire gives the book flavor and taste and making Anna the figurehead in the series gives it a direction;I love a fantasy novel with a centre character.
Nicole42
Favorite Book: Just In Case You Ever Wonder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicole42.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Nicole42 »

KMRandall wrote: 19 Jun 2013, 14:00 I recently started reading the Chicagoland Vampires and got really into it. The characters are really well-developed and author Chloe Neill inserts plenty of humor, plus a hot buildup in the romance department. Lately, I'm annoyed by the abundance of vampire novels since many authors seem to be riding on the coattails of Twilight, but this series is solid -- and has the flavor of the Southern Vampire Mysteries (True Blood on TV).

I am a huge vampire and werewolf novel lover but, I don't like clichés or books that are like copies of Twilight and Vampire Diaries. I want a book with some horror and romance. This book sounds great. I will try to find it and read it. Thank you for mentioning this book.
dsreader

Post by dsreader »

I'd have to say twilight was my favorite. Stephanie Mayer is one of the best novelist I've ever read. When I started the series I couldn't put it down. The Mortel Instruments is my second favorite. I couldn't get enough of Magnus Bane. He's the ultimate persona of bad boy.
Laceyadams
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laceyadams.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Laceyadams »

The first vampire book I read was Jerusalem's lot by Stephen King. It gave me nightmares for months. And then I read interview with the vampire. Reading and watching it are 2 different things.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

The vampire diaries or Twilight saga.
oogies
Currently Reading: A Tale of Two Cities
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oogies.html
Latest Review: The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

Post by oogies »

I recently read Elizabeth Hunter's Elemental Mysteries series, I was bored and wanted something light to read, but as soon as I started this series I was hooked and finished all 4 books in 1 weekend, I just could not stop. It was a fun refreshing totally gripping vampire series :-D I am not usually a fan of vampire books but this one has won me over heart and soul. The books range between 270 and 450 pages. Light but not too light ;-)

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”