What is the best vampire book/series you've read lately?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Re: What is the best vampire book/series you've read lately?

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

Lately it’s the Mercy Thompson series which I believe is a pretty awesome series even though it’s not focused on Vampires alone but it’s a series you’ll want to read over & over at least I have!
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

For me, the best vampire novels are by Anne Rice. Interview with a Vampire and The Vampire Lestat are the best.
Jbrumley4
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jbrumley4 »

I read Silver kiss which is best romance vampire book then vampire academy to vampire diaries to Shadow Hunter's Marcy Thompson series and more most these are series hope u like and check out
KaH1203+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by KaH1203+ »

The best vampire book/ series I have read is The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward. The first book in the series is Dark Lover. There is action, romance, and a thrilling plot that makes you want to read the rest of the books in the series to find out the story of each brother.
Melodyfarrand

Post by Melodyfarrand »

The best vampire series I have ever read is The Twilight Series. Since reading that series, I have compared all vampire books to the Twilight books. I simply loved the storyline, the romance , and the fantasy.
Jasmine_Love

Post by Jasmine_Love »

I agree ,@Melodyfarrand
Personally, the Twilight series brings suspense as the main character Bella has to make a choice between the two guys she loves...
sush_destiny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sush-destiny.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by sush_destiny »

Salem's lot is a really good vampire book. I want to say twilight, but I will never admit that in public. :lol: :lol:
mam_reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by mam_reader »

The only Vampire series I read is Twilight and I don't think vampires are my favorite monsters. I tried reading the Vampire Diaries, but left it halfway through.
BC94

Post by BC94 »

My favorite is Cirque du Freak by Darren Shan. It's rough, bloody, and has its own unique lore and social systems. I can't say that I've read too many vampire centric books but this is definitely the best of those that I've read.
Chirlerona
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chirlerona.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: What's Heartfulness? by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Chirlerona »

Salem's Lot by Stephen King would be the best one for me. I like Twilight saga too, but I don't think about these books as the books about vampires. It is a love story for me and there are werewolves there too! Salem's Lot creates such an atmosphere of horror when you are reading, it is a classic vampire story for me.
celtsshade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by celtsshade »

I’m not big on vampire series, but I found the Anita Blake series by Laurel K. Hamilton to be the best modern series out there. The later books have gotten somewhat monotonous, however, and I also feel that the amount of sex in them has doubled and is not completely necessary for the plot anymore.
sschatzberg
Favorite Book: Before the Storm
Currently Reading: Twisted But True
Bookshelf Size: 46

Post by sschatzberg »

I'm currently reading Dracula by Bram Stoker. I like older versions of Vampires. They're cruel and blood thirsty but also make me feel bad for them. Newer versions are good as well. I've never checked, but if there's a book for Interview with a vampire, I'd want to read it.
DWC4life

Post by DWC4life »

Wondering when Kenyon will finish up with the Chronicles of Nick and acheron is totally bad ass I really want to find out who his father is
Sarika Michael

Post by Sarika Michael »

For me its vampire diaries by L.J Smith. This book is a elite combination of fantasy and romance. The more you read it the more you'll love it like you never wanna stop reading it.
bturknett
Currently Reading:

Post by bturknett »

Afterlife Saga is the best book series I've read in a long time. My other favorites have been listed before but this series deserves 5 stars across the board

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”