Official Review: Tim and Tatum: by Michael Morumbasi

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ogoskino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogoskino.html
Latest Review: adventured of columbus daniel by Columbus daniel

Official Review: Tim and Tatum: by Michael Morumbasi

Post by Ogoskino »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tim and Tatum:" by Michael Morumbasi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tim and Tatum, by M. N. Morumbasi, is a non-fiction fantasy book that follows the story of a young man in his adventures through different forms and dimensions.

Tim is feeling very lucky after his final midterm result is published, and he intends to play a lottery. On his way, he gets into an accident. He is unhurt and somehow finds himself in a bonfire party at his classmate’s family house. After taking some tea, he now finds himself on a journey through the universe and beyond. He tours through different dimensions with Tatum as his guide. But where has Tatum really taken Tim? What does Tatum really want with Tim? Will Tim ever return?

The influence this book has had on me has been overwhelming, as I have been thinking about numerous possibilities as it relates to the universe since I finished this book. The author captured my attention completely as he told the story from Tim's eyes. I like that the author narrated the events in a very detailed way, so I always had a clear understanding of the picture the author tried to paint at every point throughout the book. I also liked how the author structured the plot. He doesn’t let the cat out of the bag too early, as chapter one was such that it looked like a decoy to the main story. After reading that chapter, one could be forgiven to think that this was going to be a possible love story between Tim and Andy.

I enjoyed reading this book for different reasons. This book not only seeks to educate the reader on the series of activities that go on in the body but also on what makes up the universe and multiverse. I also liked that each chapter was coherent to the next, and I found no unnecessary distractions in form grammatical errors. However, I do note that I found two typographical errors in this book. Conservative readers may find the earlier parts of this book offensive, as they contain some profane words.

I was a bit disappointed with the way Andy's character was tossed aside for almost the entire story given how much time was invested in developing her character. I felt that she should have had more influence on how everything played out. Other than this, there was nothing to dislike about this book.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Despite the typographical errors and my concerns about Andy's character, I have not removed any star because I feel that the content of this book, as well as how brilliantly executed it was, overshadows the few concerns I have. I recommend this book for people interested in science, non- fiction stories.

Tim and Tatum:
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Cynthia_Oluchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-oluchi.html
Latest Review: California: On the Edge of American History by Ronald Genini

Post by Cynthia_Oluchi »

Tim's swift transition into different events and activities is quite interesting. I am curious to know what finally became of him. This is a good review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems a fascinating journey in different dimensions, and the scientific element seems important as well. Thank you for your informative review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
En+kay
Currently Reading: The Hit
Bookshelf Size: 37

Post by En+kay »

Science non fiction works really helps to broaden one's imagination on the working of the mind.
The author crafted each chapter such that their was an easy flow and held us captivated to want to know the outcome of Tim's escapades
Amberlily
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amberlily.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Post by Amberlily »

I'm curious. How is this book both non-fiction and fantasy? Those are two pretty contradicting genres.
Kristin Ransome
Currently Reading: Way of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-firefawkes.html
Latest Review: The Augur's View by Victoria Lehrer

Post by Kristin Ransome »

Amberlily wrote: 19 Mar 2020, 15:01 I'm curious. How is this book both non-fiction and fantasy? Those are two pretty contradicting genres.
I too am wondering this! It seems really odd but could also prove to be an interesting concept...
Erin Dydek
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Shadowborn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 328
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin-dydek.html
Latest Review: Northern Umbrage by Dennis Lorenz Ph.D.

Post by Erin Dydek »

I like a good book that stretches the imagination and gives you a lot to think about. The dimensions and the exciting plot seem to do that well in this book. Thanks for an exhilarating review!
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

Well, this is quite interesting. I'm not sure how fantasy and non-fiction can work together, but it sounds like the author certainly gave it a try. Tim's journey seems to be formative but what is Andy to him and why wasn't she involved in this?
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”