Review by stfgamer4 -- Doyle's Law by Sam Roberts

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
stfgamer4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stfgamer4.html
Latest Review: Doyle's Law by Sam Roberts

Review by stfgamer4 -- Doyle's Law by Sam Roberts

Post by stfgamer4 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Doyle's Law" by Sam Roberts.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Up until recently, I have been unable to find a good sci-fi book to read. That is why I am very happy to say that my search has come to an end. Doyle’s Law is honestly one of the best sci-fi books I have ever had the pleasure of reading. The plot is fun and always had me wanting more. This book has entertained me more than anything has in a long time, and I doubt that anything will entertain me as much as this book did for an even longer time.

Doyle’s Law takes place at an outpost station next to Venus. Tensions are running high between the crew members when certain people start behaving erratically. Eventually things fall apart and it is up to chief Jake O’Connor to put things right. The book starts off viewing the perspectives of all four of the outpost’s crew members,but it eventually focuses on O’Connor’s perspective as he tries to fix the situation at the outpost.

Sam Roberts’ book is engaging from start to finish. Every detail has a reason for being there and none of the characters are unnecessary. Every action taken by a character felt like there was a reasoning behind it. The story kept me guessing and every answered question creates even more questions. I cannot think of a single thing I disliked about the book. The characters were well written, the story was well paced and the ending was satisfying.

I was never bored with this book and never felt like anything was poorly explained. Everything about the book was well executed. Character interactions never felt strained or without purpose. The plot progressed at the perfect speed. It never seemed to go too slowly or too quickly. The story never dipped in quality and all of the loose ends were wrapped up in the end. The book was very well edited as well. That is why I would rate this book at a four out of four.

I would recommend Doyle’s Law to anybody who is a fan of the sci-fi genre. There is a small amount of mystery in this book so I would also recommend this book to fans of mystery as well. I believe that teenagers or young adults would get the most enjoyment out of this story. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and I would definitely recommend it to anyone searching for a fun story with great characters. I can easily see myself re-reading this book in the future.

Doyle's Law
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”