Review by Y0landa -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival unde...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Y0landa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-y0landa.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Review by Y0landa -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival unde...

Post by Y0landa »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In a fantasy novel such as We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz, the “Land of the Princes” might sound like a rather appealing place to live, but Galen can tell you otherwise. He was born into war and poverty and had become accustomed to this way of life and its hardships until unexpectedly his life takes a 90-degree turn and he finds himself living the flip side of the coin. His inheritance documents stating him as the benefactor of his uncle's home and forging business are his free pass to board a ship to Voulhire, the new land of hope and promises. How will he adapt to his new life? Is this new land as believable as it sounds? With plenty of resources and endless possibilities of providing wealth, could it become tainted by man's greed, like the "Land of the Princes" was? What role will Galen play? Will he become a hero or a villain?

All these questions left me intrigued. Moreover, if you add hidden wizards and their magic touch to the story, deeper yet, your mind will wander on how the story will develop or even end? This is the first book of a series where the medieval ages step into the boundaries of two worlds: the physical world and the magical world. What will be discovered? How will the characters be affected? It’s all a mystery, as so is this story.

I appreciated the map and reference guide at the beginning of the book. They were very useful as they helped define the different places and people in Voulhire, making it easier later when reading the book. I enjoyed the author's writing style, as I was able to clearly understand and visualize the story. It had a good flow, and I became easily engaged to the characters and the storyline.

What I disliked the most was not knowing the outcome of the story. Then again, this is an introduction to the story, and I understand one must learn all the background information at first, especially if it is set in a fantasy world. Nevertheless, as impatient as I am, it has kept me intrigued and excited to read the next chapter of the series.

I would recommend this book to anyone over 18 who enjoys fantasy worlds involving wizards and magic. The whole story set up has taken a lot of imagination, and I think the writer has done an incredible job! I can’t wait to see how the story evolves. I found absolutely no mistakes, so I can say that it is perfectly edited. I, therefore, am happy to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Julius_
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Roger Glasgow
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit
fav_author_id: 187887

Post by Julius_ »

I once read this series too. This is an awesome fictional novel, backed up with s delightful review. Thanks for the review.
We're all philosophers. When there's a tough choice to be made, when faced with the facts of birth,love or death or simply when thinking about what we want to do with our lives.
Y0landa
Currently Reading:

Post by Y0landa »

Julius_ wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 15:06 I once read this series too. This is an awesome fictional novel, backed up with s delightful review. Thanks for the review.
Thanks so much for your kind comment. Glad you enjoyed the series. I'm looking forward to it! :D
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I read the novel and yes, when you finish it you can clearly see that it's just the first part of a bigger story. I hope Matthew Tysz will make a deal with OBC to have the sequels available here.

Nice review, it really shows how it feels to read the novel.
Ciao :)
Massimo
Y0landa
Currently Reading:

Post by Y0landa »

NetMassimo wrote: 27 Jan 2020, 03:21 I read the novel and yes, when you finish it you can clearly see that it's just the first part of a bigger story. I hope Matthew Tysz will make a deal with OBC to have the sequels available here.

Nice review, it really shows how it feels to read the novel.
That would be great! Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting. I appreciate your words. :lol:
adhambakry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adhambakry.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by adhambakry »

Thanks for the review! I've read the book and loved it! The we are Voulhire series is indeed addicting.
The Holy Grail
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-holy-grail.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by The Holy Grail »

The book was filled with suspense that it wasn't easy to predict, just as you've stated. Nice review!
Oreoluwa281
Currently Reading: David's Sling
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oreoluwa281.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by Oreoluwa281 »

I have read this book and can't agree with you more. This is such an entertaining and delightful read with amazing characters and plots, I'm sure I would be reading the rest of this series.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”