Review by CColony2019 -- The Orb by Tara Basi

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Redrose2020
Currently Reading: House of Diamonds
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ccolony2019.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Review by CColony2019 -- The Orb by Tara Basi

Post by Redrose2020 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Orb" by Tara Basi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Many years ago, an Orb abruptly appeared in a park in London. Since it has appeared, the Orb has not moved or talked, but a religion formed around it. Many wars have been fought and the only remaining place that is survivable is the areas surrounding the Orb. Everywhere else in the world is a wasteland. This leaves the Church and Orb Industries in charge of everything, but they are on opposite sides when it comes to almost everything. The only thing they agree on is that the Orb should stay silent and bring in money for them.

Peter is a computer scientist, and he has discovered a way to implant his dead daughter’s memories into a virtual reality. Everyone believes that his daughter, Kiki, has killed herself, but he believes otherwise. According to Kiki, Peter must meet with Zip to uncover answers about her murder.

Zip was a sixty-year-old woman who has been placed in the body of a teenager that passed at the same time Zip did. Zip is all about having fun and being a detective who takes on easy cases. Then, Peter shows up at her door. Little do they know that they have stumbled onto something much bigger that deals with the mysterious Orb.

Once Zip agrees to help Peter find out who really killed Kiki, the Church and Orb Industries try to stop Zip and Peter from getting closer to finding out the truth of the Orb. Both go on separate adventures while investigating what no one wants them to know.

The Orb is a thrilling book. I enjoyed the ride it took me on, but I did not care for the ending. This sci-fi mystery novel could have ended so many different ways, but it ended in the one way that I could not have predicted. I did enjoy the book and cannot tell you what I enjoyed the most because it was all good. The part I enjoyed the least was the ending, but it was still a great book and a good ending. The way Zip’s and Peter’s stories are separate for most of the book was a fun twist. As a reader, you might know a bit more than either characters at any given time, but nothing was given away.

Tara Basi did an amazing job writing and editing The Orb. I was not able to find any errors in the writing. It might be because she really did a perfect job or I might have gotten wrapped up in the story so much that I really didn’t notice the errors. Because of these reason I have to give this book 4 out of 4 stars . There were more than several times where the book became unsuitable for anyone who isn’t an adult. I would not recommend this book for anyone that isn’t an adult. Although, any adult who enjoys futuristic novels or mysteries would enjoy this book. The ride it will take any reader on, is worth the time to sit down and read this book.

The Orb
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”