Percy Jackson: The Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lacos2693
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 441
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lacos2693.html
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni

Re: Percy Jackson: The Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan

Post by lacos2693 »

Loved this series and all his other series. The two new series with Apollo and Magnus as main character in their respective series are amazing. Highly recommend.
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni
raeryn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raeryn.html
Latest Review: The Prize by Geoffrey M Cooper

Post by raeryn »

I grew up reading these series; definitely a must read, even if it has a younger target audience.
godreaujea
Currently Reading: Station Eleven
Bookshelf Size: 347
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-godreaujea.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by godreaujea »

I have yet to check this series out! It seems very interesting and I am sure you learn a little bit more about greek mythology. Very cool!
forever_a_mad_hatter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by forever_a_mad_hatter »

The Lightning Thief {SPOILERS}

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief is a brilliant book written by the even more brilliant author Rick Riordan (although he is quite a troll). He wrote the story of a Greek demigod child of the Big Three (Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades) and all the trials he had to go through in a series of books. The Lightning Thief, however, did a fabulous job of portraying the story of the child of Poseidon who was wrongly accused of stealing Zeus's master bolt. Riordan goes on to tell of his journey to get it back with his best friend Grover Underwood and his new "frenemie" Annabeth Chase, as well trying to get his mother back.

Through the Percy Jackson series, Rick Riordam brings out all different kinds of people: LGBTQ+, people from other countries, people with mental disorders, and even more from Rick Riordan's other books. He brings out the struggles of being a teenager and brings out mature topics in a way that's appropriate for children. He adds humor and a sarcastic main character but also has some very serious discussions. It's an amazing book and I would recommend that anyone reads it, whether they're a child or a teen or an adult. Rick Riordan did an amazing job (as always) and the Percy Jackson series will forever remain on my "Favorites" list.
anonymoushufflepuff
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anonymoushufflepuff.html
Latest Review: Daisy's Run by Scott Baron

Post by anonymoushufflepuff »

This book, along with the rest of the series, is a truly amazing piece that is one of a kind. It is personally one of my favorite series. Its unique storyline about a boy who goes on adventures in the world where the Greek gods are real keeps you hooked for the whole book. It is page-turning, as well as complex and overall enjoyable. Would highly recommend this book for someone who is looking for something unique and truly life-changing once you read it.

After The Lightning Thief, there are 4 more books in the main Percy Jackson series, which are (in this order): The Sea of Monsters, The Titan's Curse, The Battle of the Labyrinth, and The Last Olympian. If you enjoyed the Lightning Thief I would definitely encourage you to finish the rest of the series.

AND if you enjoyed the Percy Jackson series, the story continues with a sequel series called the Heroes of Olympus, which continues the story of our demigod heroes. This series is an amazing continuation and if you are now obsessed with the series, like me, then I would recommend this series to you as well. Happy Reading!
WinterSoldier
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by WinterSoldier »

The series is amazing! Very humorous and full of detail. ;)
Livy 123
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Livy 123 »

This is one of my all time favorite book series. I started reading this book in the 4th grade, and I can still pick it up and find some new and interesting part. These books have so much adventure and action, that it’ll be sure to bring you in until you finish.
sush_destiny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sush-destiny.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by sush_destiny »

Percy jackson and the lightening thief is a great book. It is aimed at young adult, but I enjoyed the engaging story and the setting of greek history is awesome.
Monet_va
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monet-va.html
Latest Review: Cowboys Don't Fly by John Steed

Post by Monet_va »

I loved this book! I just found it a bit weird stepping into the mind of a 12-year-old boy, when first reading it as a teenager, but overall, this was an awesome series!
Meghana Warrier
Favorite Book: Cinder
Currently Reading: The Lost Hero
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghana-warrier.html
Latest Review: Genex of Halcyon by Joshua Stelling

Post by Meghana Warrier »

This was honestly a great book! I personally thought it was a little slow at times but still a really entertaining and funny book.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”