Percy Jackson: The Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Katie_2000
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katie-2000.html

Re: Percy Jackson: The Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan

Post by Katie_2000 »

This is one of my favorite books, such a page turner. Anyone of any age should read this book. It is amazing!!!! I love the sequel series. I think it was a great way to keep the story going without it becoming the same old thing again and again. What do you guys think?
MelB
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melb.html

Post by MelB »

Absolutely love this book. I couldn't put it down! It was exciting and fun. I felt as though I was on this adventure with them.
Skylar41
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skylar41.html

Post by Skylar41 »

I enjoyed Percy Jackson very much. Not only was it good, but it's a great page-turner that entertains you with the Greek mythology.
Magnagaurd44

Post by Magnagaurd44 »

I really like the setting and atmosphere.
The main protagonist is also very well written.
Can't wait for his new book in 2015 :D
Mariah Porter
Favorite Author: Shannon Hale
Favorite Book: Goose Girl and the Fablehaven series
Currently Reading: Mistborn+Sky Jumpers+Wild Swans
fav_author_id: 4972

Post by Mariah Porter »

This book is so much fun to read. The characters are unique in their own ways, and the plot is original. I love how Riordan twists Greek mythology to fit this magical world. There's a surprise at the turn of every page.
Cinna1003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinna1003.html
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Cinna1003 »

I enjoyed the first few books but as the series went on, I had a really hard time getting through them. The movie really didn't do the book justice at all. But I really didn't expect it to. It really never does.
Snickerdoodle9
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snickerdoodle9.html
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by Snickerdoodle9 »

This is one of my favorite books ever. I am so happy that Rick Riordan wrote this book and then the rest. I love how he worked myths and important history into a fun and entertaining book. I mean, the way he made the characters come alive and twisted the story so it fit the myths. I am so glad that Rick Riordan was inspired to write the book.
Deodarax
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deodarax.html

Post by Deodarax »

Series had a very interesting twist incorporating Greek mythology with everyday life. The action, character, and plot development overall is very good. I believe this book will be able to relate with teens, making pop culture references and the dialogue seems to consist of something an average teenager would talk like.
deelea_16
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by deelea_16 »

I bought the whole series for my son for Christmas last year just so that i could read it. He reads it at night before bed. I was hoping to get him really interested in reading with it. I loved it. I could not put them down. I can't wait to read more of the others. :)
NellySites
Favorite Author: Patricia Briggs
Favorite Book: Iron Kissed
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nellysites.html
fav_author_id: 4314

Post by NellySites »

This series really engages a younger generation of readers and truth be told a lot of older readers as well. It is well written, witty, and the characters are so well developed that they really come to life. I read the whole series in a few days because I could not put it down, and neglected quite a few responsibilities to do it. Which is how you know you have a really good series on your hands ;) Great read for anyone, keeping in mind that it was written for a younger crowd than even the movies are targeted to.
stlrams1
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by stlrams1 »

This book is absolutely amazing. It starts out with a big twist.... What would you do if you found out your dad was a Greek god. Would you believe it or think you were going crazy? Later in the book they find some new friends and Percy begins to adjust to Hus new life as a demigod.. I really recommend that you read this book because it is absolutely wonderful
debo9967
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debo9967.html
Latest Review: "Self Examination" by VK Grover

Post by debo9967 »

I really liked the Percy Jackson series at one point of time, but I think I grew out of it eventually.
Latest Review: "Self Examination" by VK Grover
break out
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-break-out.html

Post by break out »

Sometimes its hard to get into a book series.I hadn't heard about Percy Jackson till I watched the movies.But as soon as I started reading them I couldn't put any of them down.Not many books can do that.Rick Riordan is really a talented writer.
MKRUGEL77
Bookshelf Size: 187
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by MKRUGEL77 »

The whole Percy Jackson series was a fantastic read. Greek gods, demi-gods, centaurs, cyclopses, and a whole lot more. What more can someone who loves Greek mythology ask for? Even if you know nothing of Greek mythology. After this you will and believe me, you'll want to know more!
Momlovesbooks
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Book for Oreo
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momlovesbooks.html
Latest Review: Winter's Kiss by H.L. Hines

Post by Momlovesbooks »

My son was reading this series so I decided to read along with him. I now love anything written by Riordan. Even though it is aimed towards a younger crowd, adults will enjoy it as a fun read also.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”