Review by Alyssa -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alyssa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alyssa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Review by Alyssa -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under...

Post by Alyssa »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In a magical world where the Cosmos (the physical world) and Caromentis (the magical world) endure, there’s a powerful mage named Meldorath who has become more legend than man. He has been accused of great but terrible things and consequently is hidden on the edge of a village with an entire army to make sure he stays there, but will this be enough to keep the "clever mage" imprisoned?

We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is a constantly shifting story that begins in the Islands of the Princes. They plunged into civil war when Galen Bray was just a child and like so many others who live there, everyday is a struggle for survival. However, his life changes when he discovers he has family in the thriving kingdom of Voulhire. With an undying gratitude to his great uncle and the executor, Rowan, for finding him and bringing him to the small town of Magnum Caelum where he can begin anew.

Devour a universe of kings, old technology and a concealed government that leaves you with burning questions. Enjoy chapter titles that don’t leave you trying to figure out which character’s point of view you are reading from. I do enjoy learning new words as the english language is so vast, with words like conglomeration, stentorian and calisthenics are sure to build up your vocabulary. Don’t panic though, you will not find yourself having to keep a dictionary beside you at all times as most of these words are spread out. What I liked the most is how Matthew Tysz has created such an original world of magic and layered it with great characters, a stimulating journey and above all it left me with feelings that border on obsession.

This book has left me craving for more and I am happy to report that there is more to read about this amazing world. I honestly can’t think of anything I disliked in the entire novel, it seems to be professionally edited and kept me so absorbed the house could have burned down around me. Therefore, it is my pleasure to give a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. This book is not for anyone who is sensitive to profanity or for those looking for a mindless read.

Game of Thrones fans delight in this engaging first book of a new fantasy series; “This, my children, is the magnificent and terrifying kingdom of Voulhire!”

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
jokinyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jokinyo.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by jokinyo »

I was drawn in the magical world and i loved it. I have enjoyed reading your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”