Review by bethbain1 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival un...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bethbain1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bethbain1.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by bethbain1 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival un...

Post by bethbain1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Merlin meets Game of Thrones with a splash of Harry Potter came to my mind as I was reading, We Are Voultire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz. I must admit that I was skeptical due to the great fantasy novels I’ve enjoyed so far as I began this journey. My skepticism quickly faded as the characters from the Voultire Kingdom began to develop and pull me into this magical world.

Voultire’s holy founder, King Saint Idus, created a Kingdom of prosperity and endless opportunities for the people. This Kingdom has been thriving and growing for 1800 years since its creation but not without threats and fights from power hungry mages and terrorist. The current King Wilhelm Arcolo works tirelessly for the people of this land so that the wealth and abundance can reach anyone motivated to receive what this kingdom can offer.

Great abundance and prosperity met with greed, envy and jealousy makes powerful enemies among the people resisting growth or wanting the wealth to themselves. These enemies of Voultire are slowly getting stronger and with the power some have borrowed from the magical realm of Caromentis, they may be unstoppable, even with the mightiest of Mianorian or Chalethirian Knights. Believing or not believing one of the most powerful Mages was dead did little to prepare the people of Hillport.

This is Matthew Tysz’s first book in a series with the second book already available and the third book to be available soon. He did a great job introducing character’s, providing historical information and slowly revealing answers, many that I imagined would happen, as well as some surprises along the way. I look forward to continuing this trilogy and would recommend the book to young adults as well as anyone that likes a well written fantasy novel. The book contains very little profanity, explicit violence or sexual content and when there is reference to these it is done tastefully and well suited for most teenagers and older adults.

I give We Are Voultire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies 4 out of 4 stars. The book was edited well with only a few minor typos and was easy to read, grabbing my attention within the first few pages. Matthew Tysz’s ability to create a new fantasy world and make me want to read more immediately tells me he has much more coming and I look forward to it.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”